Got my Lupron + PIO last night. I know the Lupron needs to be in the fridge since it came packed tightly next to the ice pack... but what about the PIO?
Guess the pharmacy could have told me, but if I don't get any comments about it... I'll just call them later. To be on the safe side, I have both of the meds in the fridge.
I'm thinking the PIO needs to be in fridge, too, or why would the instructions from the clinic say to warm it a bit in your hands? Like insulin.
And now I have 60 3mL syringes. 30 from the 1st script (Menopur) & 30 from this 2nd one... seems like too many, but what do I know? :)
And what seems like hundreds of needles.
I didn't want to order another bunch of insulin syringes, since JJ sent me 5. That means I have a total of 19 insulin needles. I sure hope that will be enough, cuz I don't wanna drop $10 or $15 on another "set" when I just need one or two more for the Lupron.
Less than 3 weeks now to go until the cycle starts + Thanksgiving! :)
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

6 comments:
You do not put PIO in the fridge...
Christi is right - PIO should be kept at room temp. You warm it in your hand (or wherever) to bring up the temp a bit more so it is easier to inject. If it was cold, it would be thicker (think of other oils if you refrigerate). Good luck with your shots- (and I agree they could do a better job of stating storage temp on the packaging!)
No PIO in the fridge. It's already really thick and hard to inject - which is why they say to warm it up in your hands.
I don't have to put Lupron in the fridge, but they did say to keep it in a cool dark place. So it's at the back of my closet. I think it is variable based on how cold/warm your house is.
Can you send me an email? I might have some syringes you can have.
Sorry, I just can't shut up! You do not (and probably should not?) keep your needles in the refrigerator. Ask your nurse just to be sure.
Of course every cycle is different and I have only done one (so far, hopefully this is it!), but I used lots of lupron needles. The clinic I go to just provided them, I actually had to ask for more 3 times. I just counted and I ended up using 42 for this one cycle. It was longer than it might have been due to 1. a cyst they ended up draining and 2. the donor not stimming quickly. But even if we'd kept to the normal schedule it would have been 35 days for me.
BTW, I did use donor eggs, but I believe the lupron phase of things is the same as "normal" IVF. Please check this out with your nurse though, you are paying her plenty for a bit of advice!
Good luck!
Lupron under 77 degrees and above freezing.
PIO hangs out. The warmer the oil, the better is spreads in your rear end. The better is spreads, the less lumps and pain you will have.
There is a nice inbetween. Don't make it hot though.
Hm -- I didn't have the PIO shots (Crinone instead), but I didn't have to keep Lupron in the fridge . . . . they just told me to keep it in a cool, dry place (i.e., not in the bathroom).
Post a Comment