We woke up super early again & headed to Jax. Got there around 9am. The waiting room was packed. Which was both surprising & intimidating. There were two other couples I feel I could "relate" to. Is that silly? I try to find others that are similar to us in age range, etc.
As soon as we were called back, the b/w + u/s went quickly. Doctor said my lining looked good & "thin" (didn't get a measurement. I *did* ask about antral follicles, so he shot the numbers out while doing the u/s. I had 5 on my right & 6 on my left.
To me that sounds good. I am really hoping we get 12 eggs. So, w/out further nerdy investigation, I am actually optimistic. I'll be checking it out in a few minutes, though! LOL
We are supposed to do monitor appointments here in Tallahassee & only the initial + final appointment in Jax. Well, the local u/s technician can't make any appointments until next Wednesday. Therefore, we are starting stims tomorrow {a day earlier than planned} & heading to Jax early Sunday morning for our 1st monitor appt. It's going to be more expensive than here locally + the obvious gas & time (6hrs round trip), but I'm glad we aren't going to be delayed w/ the cycle.
Excited. Definitely excited.
Nick starts antibiotics tomorrow for 10days. He's upset. Very much the "no doctor, no meds" kinda guy. I guess most of them are, huh? ;)
So, tomorrow brings the very beginning of our biggest, most realistic, chance of our greatest dream.
I just hope it's worth it.
*** UPDATE: Did some googling & found that 10/11-14 total antral follicles is "good/normal". I guess slightly disappointing cuz I was hoping to have lots of them, but I'm surprisingly okay with it. I'm at peace with us doing all that we can to ensure this cycle is the best it can be! :) ***
PS- Am I the only one crying while watching Private Practice?
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

2 comments:
yeay! it's on!
we are actually going to start stims together. I also start tomorrow. :)
I can't wait. I was in a really good mood today because of it.
Great news! Glad things are moving along for you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment