Tuesday, November 4, 2008

And Breathe...

After getting our estimated cost for the Hep testing from Quest, I was pretty nervous. And when I get nervous, my stomach goes berzerk.

They told us it would be $500 each for this testing... x2= $1000 to add to our IVF cost. (Was this a normal cost for any of ya'll paying out of pocket, too?)

So, I prayed lots last night.

Called our PCP (primary care physician) & remained upbeat & confident. I mean, really, this is a non-fertility test. If I'm pregnant, they'd have to perform these tests anyhow.

Talked to the nurse & she seemed in a much better mood than the 1st conversation. Since Nick hasn't EVER been to see her (he's been a patient there for almost 4 years... guys), we're gonna head into the office for a "meet & greet" appointment where we can discuss the previous bloodwork from our life insurance application (where his triglycerides were crazy high) & also get the lab orders for our Hep testing. Thank God.

I'm still a little nervous inside from those hormones that go up when we get nervous, but it's starting to relax a bit! :)

It's amazing that it's only 3 weeks away now. I have always felt like the kind of person that says they'll do something & when it comes down to it... doesn't. If that makes sense. But, it's still sombering that it's come to this.

Of course we're thankful we have options like this & grateful we can partake in this opportunity. But to have so much pressure on one chance is hard. When "normal" fertiles can try every single month. BUT, I'm really staying positive about this & hope we will be blessed with this. And if not this fresh cycle, then a frozen one!

Closer & closer...

4 comments:

JJ said...

Been thinking lots about you! I know it will all work out...

Are you all still headed up this way soon?

Josée Martens said...

Isn't it covered under a fertility workup or something? Isn't there a way to get them to put the code in that covers it?

good luck. the costs are insane.

K said...

Hi, stopping by from cyclesista. I'm in the midst of my first IVF cycle. Sounds like you're getting everything sorted out, but I don't blame you for being nervous. It's a crazy thing we're going through! ((hugs))

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm so proud of you for pursing the cost options. That's crazy pricy.

All I can do sometimes is breathe in and out. There is not much else. :o)

**HUGS**