Well, since Thursday's blowout, things have been calmer. I was going to say the calm after the storm, then remembered it's the calm BEFORE the storm... :) Oh, well.
Since my MIL has been staying with us for the last 3.5 wks to redo our kitchen (oh, right... I haven't mentioned that before have? I adore her, but it does add to the stress since all our of kitchen stuff is spread into every room of the house & I can't just relax at home sometimes, if that makes sense!?), my FIL surprised her/us with a visit yesterday. In addition to him, he brought our two nieces! It was so great! He reserved a room at a local motel off the water & they visited last night for an hour or so, then all four of them headed to the motel.
Anyhow, this morning we woke up late & met the family for breakfast then a couple of hours at the park. It was so nice. Just a great time playing with the girls & having fun with each other.
He's gonna be such a great daddy. Someday.
Hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday & getting some rest in!!
PS- JJ, you're too sweet! I got the card & it made me smile! Thanks! :)
Outings
2 weeks ago

3 comments:
awwwww. sounds like a lovely time. i am gaga for my nieces too!
Sounds like a great weekend -- and good luck w/the kitchen remodel!!!
I'm also in the fabulous world of IF and remodeling and busy academic and work life... It is really hard to find time, but if there is any little thing you can do for yourself: a massage, a walk in the woods, an hour with your favorite book or show or movie, a new CD.
I've found that giving myself little escapes and treats recharged the love batteries pretty effectively and made it easy to be more responsive to my guy.
Hang in there! Hope the kitchen remodel goes wonderfully!
http://sluggishbutterfly.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment