Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Different 2WW

My new 2ww into IVF. Our IVF start date/baseline b/w + u/s is the day before T'giving. Exactly 14 days away.

I did find out that I will start the stims on Nov28 (assuming everything is fine at the start date appt); since I live 3 hrs away from the clinic... we have a local u/s technician that only performs u/s M-F. So, I guess it makes sense to NOT stim for 5 days before getting the first monitoring u/s.

In other news, this weekend went very well!

* Friday, my Mom & I headed to NC to visit one of my brothers. I worked almost a half-day, she picked me up, & we began our 10+h drive. It wasn't that bad, actually! At around 8.5 hours, I DID get antsy & bored... but we talked through it all & had a great drive! Got there around 11ish & talked for a while.

* Saturday, we all headed to a holiday fair to shop. Got a couple of things. It wasn't a craft fair, which I was kind of hoping it was, but I found a few things to buy. We headed to dinner, then back to the house to visit with a few friends.

* Sunday was church, then some photos with a friend, then church again. The second service was such a blessing... not so much the actual service, but AFTER the service. One of the couples my brother + SIL are friends with just recently adopted & they wanted me to meet them. {It was such a nice conversation; we didn't get into depth about the diagnosis was, but she did say that they were told their chances at IVF were very small. They began pursuing adoption in May & brought their son home in July. It was just amazing. She was so sweet & I'm still just amazed at the connection IFs can share. Crossing political & religious lines, surpassing geographical locations... the connection is amazing. Murgdan completely voiced my thoughts about this connection on THIS POST.}

* Monday found my Mom & me caring for my nephew. I know we are of bias, but he was actually such a good baby. He's about 14mts old & is very smiley. He got a bit whiney sometimes, but not much more than a goofy song or silly face would change! :) So, we went to eat, then shopping, then back home for dinner. Then it was off to meet JJ for a chat!

I was actually pretty nervous about how the meeting would go, but I was so excited. JJ was so sweet to us & sent us some meds that she had left over from her successful IVF cycle this summer. It meant so much to us & we are just so grateful. Since I had just eaten, I was planning to grab a sweet snack before the end of the evening... but we were talking the whole time! To the point that we realized every other customer left & the staff were cleaning up. So, we wrapped it up, snapped a picture (cuz I'm a nerd like that... I scrap & wanted to make sure to have a picture of someone that helped us SOO much through this time), & chatted a *bit* more outside. It was cold. My hubby didn't make this trip, but it would have been nice for him to connect with another guy affected by male factor IF... but maybe another time we can meet up & Mook & Nick can talk a bit.

Thanks again, JJ, for taking time out of your schedule to meet with me! I had a wonderful time! I plan to start those CDs tomorrow evening!

Some photos of the weekend:

Snapped a couple of pictures of the family...





And, JJ & me. {Hope you don't mind me posting this, girl! :) Let me know, if ya do & I'll remove it!}


Yummy Greek food...



A happy baby!

3 comments:

JJ said...

Glad you got home safe and sound! And wow, 14 days until the show is on! It was so great spending time with you--just wish we had more time--and I dont mind the picture being up=)

You know Im praying for you each step of the way!

Amanda said...

Only 14 more days!!! Woo hoo!!!

That picture of Greek food makes me really miss Nick's in Asheville. Sigh.

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, your nephew is toooo cute!