Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Final Mark Through the Checklist

Remember THIS POST? {When we found out Hep testing could cost us $500/each if out of pocket?}

Well, Monday was our appt with our PCP. Nick was pretty disappointed in breaking his "not see a doctor in 10/12 yrs" streak. But, since he'd technically been a patient of hers for almost 4 years, they felt more comfortable meeting him before ordering his labwork. Since I'm also a patient there, we had my labwork slips completed at the same time.

So, Monday I went & had my blood drawn for the Hep series. Yesterday they already had the results. Yay!

Since Nick needed some add'l b/w done (CBC, TSH, vitD, etc etc), he had to fast. So, yesterday morning he got his blood drawn!

Which means that our final "to do" item is crossed off. I guess *technically* it can't be crossed off until I have confirmed the FIRM has gotten the info, but in my mind... it's done.

We will be making the remaining payment next Wednesday at our start appointment, which is also when we will receive our 30 vials of donated Bravelle. I'm removing the money for the pre-payment we made last month from savings to pay off the CC. It was painful to sign that receipt, but it's kind of more painful to take it out of savings.

I have to remind myself that we prepared for this. THIS is the reason we've been saving & sacrificing & working so hard & working extra jobs & doing yard sales. THIS is our chance.

Hope you are all doing well. Faith, you're in my thoughts & prayers. It's surprising how much it can hurt to see a friend hurt... a friend you've never met or talked with, but connected with. Our hearts are so sad & we mourn the little life. Please know that we're here for you.

No comments: