Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lupron: Day Ehh

So, 1st Lupron shot I felt nothing.

The next two were definitely a sting, but not too bad. Definitely tolerable.

The waking up at 6am on weekend days? Not so tolerable! LOL

But, it'll be worth it.

Had a nice visit w/ my cousin today! We celebrated T'giving this afternoon. Tomorrow evening, we will have a baby shower for her, so I can catch up with my great aunt + aunt then! There was so much going on, there wasn't enough time to chat w/ everyone.

This morning was my 1st emotional break in a while. Weeks, I'd say.

In church, my pastor introduced his daughter-in-law, who has also been struggling with IF & they have chosen to pursue adoption. I don't know if they know what they're dealing with, but when we pursued counseling with our pastor last year, he mentioned they tried for 8yrs with their 2nd child; this is when we found out about them & have been updated every now & then when we speak with Pastor. Anyhow, it immediately flooded me with emotions of seeing someone else & knowing how much pain they're in.

Then he announced two pregnancies: twins + an early one (6wks-ish?). And another woman in the hospital delivering her son.

I started feeling it. Glanced at the daughter-in-law, noticed her upset, too.

That was it. Had to leave the building crying. Fortunately, I could stop after a couple of minutes & lasted the rest of the service.

After the service, I wanted to talk with her. She was surrounded by others & I was too hesitant to say "Hi, my name is Rachel & we're infertile, too." It was just too awkward. I spoke with Pastor on the way out to please pass on the message that we're praying for them & think of them often. He thanked me & told me he felt something was going to happen & they would like to hold a prayer session for us... then I was crying again.

It's so hard sometimes. Really.

Feeling in a much better place now. Not sure how the next couple of weeks will be, but I'm trying to remain optimistic.

Kitchen is literally almost done. Oh, you've heard that already? Yeah, I know.

But, I really mean it this time! :)

The cabinets only need the doors hung (painted today, should be dry enough by tomorrow) & then MIL's work is done. We'll still have to move all the kitchen stuff back in & hang the pot rack + wall shelves, but it's so exciting!

Our plans changed somewhat last minute & we will be heading to the Tampa area after our JAX IVF start appt, then Thursday morning heading back home. Kinda crazy, but it will be nice to have the long weekend off... I'm off Monday, too! Which will also be my 1st monitoring appt.

So, we can organize the kitchen & rest of the house by end of T'giving day & prepare for Christmas that weekend. Already feeling relieved!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend & looking forward to checking everyone's updates!

1 comment:

Josée Martens said...

What a nice pastor. It is weird how even the nicest people don't get it sometimes. But that prayer session is such a gift.