Since we were headed to WM to get some printer cartridges... since I have a drug classification presentation due... that I have to print out copies for every other student in my clinical group... AND the printer cartridges we have are all old & dried up...
I thought I'd call & ask about how much they charge for the Lupron generic 2 week kit we need. First estimate: $3200. Umm, "I think that's wrong... the specialty pharmacy is only $140". Got put on hold for 10+ minutes, then hung up on. Called back. Within a couple of minutes, I got the final cost: $2275.
Seriously?
I can get it through Ascends for $139 & that includes free overnight shipping!
Crazy, huh?
But, I can check off the antibiotic prescription off my "to do" list. I will be calling to order the Lupron + PIO on Monday. Oh, & calling my PCP to see if they will order the lab work for the Hep testing. If not, hubs can go to the on-campus Quest lab cheap & I will go to the community health center for hopefully cheap, too.
AND...
ONLY 24 MORE DAYS UNTIL WE START IVF!
It's crazy how quickly it's happening.
Still got some clinical paperwork for tomorrow's final Mental Health rotation. I've already gotten the MINIMUM points for the care map (42/100 needed), so I'll probably really slack off on the care map. This class sure is suffering due to the IVF prep! My mind is so not on nursing school!
Have a wonderful Sunday & enjoy sleeping in a bit with the time fall back!
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

3 comments:
Doesn't it drive you crazy? Think of how many people are getting screwed by pharmaceutical companies and stores... what if you had just said to Walmart, "O.K., I'll pay the $3,200 and be on my way." Suddenly the price changes by $1,000? I hate feeling like I've paid too much for something, but I fear it happens more than we know. I'm glad you are aggressive and persistent -- good for you.
E
Medical and administrative. I hate the two of those combined. As if it isn't hard enough to have an issue, do they have to screw with you in the billing dept too!
Lupron is one, very expensive medication! I just ordered mine too!
Greeat reading your blog post
Post a Comment