So, last night I anxiously awoke every couple of hours to make sure I didn't sleep past the 6am alarm.
{ This also happens to me EVERY time I have early clinicals. I rarely get good sleep, since I have to leave 10m 'til 6am to get to clinicals on time. Oh, yeah, then I have to not only be awake, but fully student-nurse functioning at that timee! :) }
The thing is, Nick & I are notorious for ignoring the alarms. Like, mine usually goes off 4 or 5 times before I have to get out of bed. Which made me nervous about waking too late & throwing off our Lupron shot time.
I already had the little station set up. Got out of bed at 6:07. Tried to wake Nick up. Turned on the lights, grabbed the Lupron. Told Nick he had to wake up to give me the shot & we were done by 6:20ish. (He was in bed a while. LOL)
I expected it to sting or pinch a little when the needle went in, but I really didn't feel it. I just took my final BCP this morning.
Our kitchen is literally on the cusp of being completed. The baseboard was painted & cut & placed yesterday; will be nailed in today. The appliances can go back into the kitchen (yay!) tonight & I think the final item for MIL to do is the cabinets. She's already custom made the cabinet doors & primed the cabinet base. Only thing left is painting the cabinet bases & hanging the cabinet doors. Which, I think we will pick the hardware out tonight or tomorrow.
Did I say how freaking amazing it is that my MIL is sweet & dainty & can tile floors... create anything wood-related... install hard wood floor... ANYTHING! Except she'll tell ya she won't mess with electric or plumbing. She could do it, she just doesn't wanna! :)
I'm so very excited to be so close to having the kitchen done! After 3.5 years of living in the house, it was the final room to be done. And the colors are coming together great!
I'll post some pictures on here of the finished product. It will be so nice to have all the other rooms cleared out & know that the kitchen is organized & functional.
Here's to a night of Home Depot & WalMart perusing!! And we're doing an early T'giving dinner on Sunday. My cousin will be heading down from Ohio & other family are coming to see her, so we're doing an early one for the whole family. Then, on T'giving day, it's still up in the air as to whether we'll be heading to the Tampa area or staying put.
Staying put sounds so inviting. And we can take our Christmas-pictures-on-the-beach this or next weekend. I am determined to have my Christmas cards mailed out by Dec2.
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. I'm hoping to make it the 10hrs, so I won't have to use any leave for my IVF start appt on Wednesday. But, I don't know if I'll make it... ;)
Outings
2 weeks ago

6 comments:
Good luck with the Lupron!...and again, way to go doing this while doing clinicals and nursing school! I have to leave by 5:50 to get to my new job on time...so I totally understand being afraid of sleeping too late...and I don't think I fully function until around 10....
Hi!
I found your blog through Erin's. Good luck with your IVF cycle. You must be excited to finally get underway.
I start my stim meds Thursday for attempt number two (pending an all clear at my appt. Monday). I didn't get very far the first time.
I will check in to see how you're doing. I found the lupron pretty easy as well. I love how you set up a "station" the night before. How very organized of you!
Congrats on getting that first shot out of the way -- that's such a big step.
Congrats for "officially" starting your cycle! IMO, Lupron is the worst of the shots, if you get through those, the rest are easier! ;-)
So exciting.
Can't wait to see pics of the kitchen either. How awesome that your MIL can save you so much money! Can you send her our way next?
Hello nicce blog
Post a Comment