Well, we decided to continue. If this doesn’t work, I WILL be following Duck’s advice & get healthier. Even if we do not have a 2nd IVF, I will be healthier. Okay, I’ll still be healthy if this does work, but you all know what I mean! :)
When I mentioned the idea to Nick, he immediately shot it down. This may sound silly, but we have kind of felt this cycle was destined to be. The way the fundraising worked out, the timing of the cycle, the little affirmations along the way.
I got in the mindset of a bitter infertile. It’s been a while since I was THAT infuriated at what we have to go through for the chance. It’s hard to really believe that people get pregnant w/out all this. And I was so hurt and crushed by nothing more.
But, I can be thankful…
I have 6 follicles (one more than Sunday’s scan, remember?) w/ 5 at a good size at this time.
I do not have any dominant follicles. I can’t imagine how much it would hurt to be canceled involuntarily.
I am in pain with only 6 follies… I can’t imagine having twice or three times the amount.
We probably won’t have any embryos to freeze. Although it makes the success rate higher for subsequent transfer (and cheaper, yes), we were still very uncomfortable with having our potential children in frozen limbo. I was still very much hoping for 2 or 3 embryos to freeze, but we were just uncomfortable with it. So, now that option is pretty much out. Oh, and we’ll get a refund of $800 to help pay for the extra meds we hadn’t budgeted for!
If we do a 2nd fresh cycle, we know a different route to take. I guess the RE assumed due to my age that endo wouldn’t have affected my egg production that much… now they know it does. If we have a next time, they already know to start with more meds & no Lupron for me.
We have such a great support system. Our friends & family have been incredible. Absolutely incredible.
There IS hope. Cathleen had 2… she has a sweet little girl growing right now!
I have to say that I’ve got a new mind-shift this morning.
Yesterday was horrible. It was freezing & I had to wear a knee-length dress (no pants feel good with my belly) & stand in 30degree temps (yay, Florida) for about 10m before entering the facility for the u/s. Then waited another 20m for the tech to arrive (right on time, but I was hoping to get in & out earlier), had the crappy u/s, went for the b/w w/in the hospital. Left almost an hour later. Got to work… w/out my calendar. And, my calendar is a huge resource, a de-stressor that also contained my IVF med dosage sheet. That they told me to bring to EVERY appt. Oops.
So, neither place has my calendar.
Then hearing from the nurse, then back from the nurse.
Crying or trying to not cry all day. Was it just the disappointment or the estrogen rising? Maybe both?
A presentation in class… in which each group was supposed to take 10m. And almost have of the groups took over 25m. I was so going crazy inside. And those chairs are not comfortable w/ my pouching belly.
On the way home, it took an extra 15m due to a wreck.
BUT today is better.
Today I have hope. I trust that God is in control no matter what the outcome.
Thanks so much for all of your comments. They really made me change my perspective. You all are awesome & I feel blessed to have you all in my life.
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

8 comments:
You are one awesome lady, Missy. I am so proud of your attitude and faith--and as another millionth time reminder--youve got lots of people praying for you-Mook and I said a special prayer of peace for you all last night.
Onward and upward!!
Hi Rachie
I'm just now catching up to the whole trend on the number of follicles. I am glad to hear you decided to mover forward with it. I'm sorry that you had all that pressure on deciding right away and such a difficult day before the decision.
Like other people said, if you were ambivalent about freezing anyway, six is a perfectly good number! :)
I'm glad you choose to stick with it, I would have wanted to stick with it too, 5 (now 6) are great numbers, and it does only take one. My RE told us that he had a patient with endo who did a cycle got 2 follicles/2 eggs and pregnant with twins, now there's some more hope.ANd I totally didn't mean to imply that you're not healthy, I'm sure your plenty healthy, I went over board and it didn't get me anywhere so that advise is much more assvice then anything else.
I am so glad to hear that you feel hopeful about the cycle again.
I belong to a Christian infertility support group that meets once a month and each month someone will come and tell their story. None of the stories are the same, but God's hand is clearly visible in each account. I never thought in the midst of all of the treatment that I would have a story to tell, but never forget that God's gives us all an incredible and unique testimony.
I can't wait to read your incredible story!!! I will be praying.
Rachel,
You sound like you're doing well today. And it sounds like you have a number of good follicles coming along. And having the freezing thing out of the way might be a blessing in disguise. I blogged about it today - it can be just one more complicated issue to try to decide.
Keep us posted!
Mo
www.lifeandloveinthepetridish.blogspot.com
It's so cool to find a new blog and then look over and see comments from all of the wonderful bloggers that comment on my blog and whom I read!
Six is not too shabby. This is coming from a person who had TWO cycles cancelled this year due to the dominant follicle issue, so my perspective is a bit off. Still, on my third try I had seven retrieved, 4 were mature and three fertilized. I DID get pregnant, but it didn't stick for long. We're off for retreival again on our 4th try this Saturday.
Like JJ said though, you've got a great attitude, and that's half the battle. Best of luck to you!!!
yay for being optimistic!! i have good feelings about this, and it looks like things will maybe look up for you guys. good luck!!
What a wonderful attitude!!!
I'm rooting for you!
Post a Comment