Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Surprisingly Calm

I thought I'd be crazy-nervous waiting for the fert report, especially when it seems like everyone else gets a day1 report & we will be getting a day2 report.

But, today, I'm fine. I'm definitely thinking about the "little ones", but not obsessing over them.

Praying lots for those that are caring for them & for them.

I guess since it is out of my control, I'm more relaxed about it.

I am looking forward to the next 2 weeks off from work & school. I am sure I will get bored, but we'll get through it somehow.

I know the whole bed rest after transfer is an issue with differing opinions. We've decided I will remain on bed rest or modified bed rest until after Christmas. Specifically, after the beta. I guess part of me feels like it's the best thing I can do for the little ones right now & removing myself from work will dramatically reduce the stress I'd feel & my body would feel.

So, if it doesn't work... I won't wonder "What if I had stayed down longer?" Just a personal preference. I know it doesn't really increase success rates, but for us... it's the right thing.

And, since Nick will also be out of school w/ less pressure to get hours in at work, I'm hoping we can spend days together at the house. He's not so much for lounging around all day {I TOTALLY am! LOL}, but it'll be nice to lounge around a bit. Watch some movies. Go through pictures. Talk about our plans for the house & property. Talk about our hopes & dreams & potential children. When I'm alone, I've got the Twilight series all together & waiting to be read.

Some relaxation. And then beta & Christmas. Sure sounds nice to me!

Please know that I will update as soon as I can tomorrow after hearing from the clinic. We're still assuming a 3d transfer, but it will definitely be nice to hear how many of them fertilized & are still making it.

Got my final exam tonight. This is pathetic, but I need a 49% to pass the class. Now, I'm usually not THAT bad... I like to try & learn & get a decent grade in the class, but I've been so focused on this IVF that it hasn't been too hot of a semester. I'm hoping to have some time to review the notes more (I have studied a bit) before it. But, I must say I'm more than relieved to be done in less than 5 hours. And I don't care if I get a C. Maybe I'll squeeze a B out anyways... only need a 79% for that.

:)

Have a wonderful day!! I will be reading & commenting after the final tonight! Can't wait to read all the updates coming through!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will gladly come and lounge with you! That is all I have been doing! Your in my prayers and Good Luck!!

JJ said...

Wishing lots of luck studying tonight! Ill be home by 6:30 so feel free to call me!
Ill keep ya company during the wait=)

'Murgdan' said...

Good luck with your final! Yeah, I think you can still cut a 49%.

Can't wait to hear about the fert report--though I'm sure you're slightly more anxious than I am.

Nadine said...

ok so hoping that I hear great things in the fert report, I found that to be so hard, the daily call how they are...
AND I would totally do the rest all the time during hte 2 ww thing to, that was our plan, I wanted to do everything that I can (and our RE recommended it for me that and no sex until after the second tri if we were lucky... don't have to worry about that now).
ANYHOW, enjoy your time on bed rest and looking forward to a nice strong beta, good luck.

Mrs. Pierce said...

sounds like a plan. get your rest in while you can. and make sure you get a pic of the embryos they do transfer!!

twondra said...

I found your blog through L&F at Stirrups. I'm thinking of you! (((HUGS)))

Tammy
www.twondra.blogspot.com

Mo said...

You do sound calm and grounded. glad you have the bed rest and Twilight Zone series to look forward to! And good luck with your final. Keep us posted on the fert report.

Mo

I Believe in Miracles said...

Good luck with your final! When's your beta again? Dec 22?

I hear you on not focusing on class. I'm trying to get back into school mode and it STINKS! Mine doesn't end until Jan though. Ugh.