Monday, December 8, 2008

A Quickie

Trigger wasn't that bad. I was so nervous... like leaning over the bathroom counter, gripping the faucet. Felt a little stick... I thought he freaked out & barely put the needle in... turns out, it was all the way in. Kept asking how much more & he said "lots" plenty ot times! LOL But, I was truly surprised at how little I felt. I could feel the medicine going in, but not painfully. It was tender a bit after & when I woke up this morning. Then got a "Happy Trigger" text from JJ... I was so giddy, girl, getting that! LOL!! We JUST finished & I was ready to talk about it!

Heading out to Jax in a bit. We'll be staying the night, then heading to the clinic.

We're supposed to arrive by 8am & retrieval's set for 9am.

A bit nervous, but happy to know that I will be knocked out somewhat.

Then it's back to town. Nick will drop me off to my Mom, who will then babysit me for the rest of the night! :)

And pick up our Christmas cards. I am going to try to force myself to NOT address them until after my final exam Wednesday, because I really need to spend any extra time preparing for that. Then, no school until Jan7! Nice.

We don't get the fert report until Thursday, which will also be when we find out when we head back for the transfer.

Ooooh, please let there be one or two to transfer back...

Have a nice night! I'll try to update as soon as possible w/ the egg info. Do they tell you same day the number of (suspected) mature eggs? Or is that after the fert report because they assume only the mature ones fertilize?

It's now hitting me how weird it is that I will be leaving my most treasured "belongings"... part of me... there. I'm already sad that we have to go away. Many prayers will be said & thoughts consumed with these little lives.

How crazy to always think of what's happening with your embryos at every moment. "Are they doing ICSI right now?" "Are they in the incubator now?" Wish we could be there in the lab just to watch over them dividing & reaching each milestone already. It may be the closest we ever become to parents.

Oh, definitely ice cream tonight. Even if it's just McD's or Dairy Queen for a sundae for my "light dinner". :)

6 comments:

Nadine said...

Great to hear that the trigger went well, it's weird how attached I am to my frozen embryos so I totally get it/

I Believe in Miracles said...

Good job with the trigger. I thought it hurt A LOT. Now the PIO shots every night are a pain in the butt. :o)

They told me the number retreived at the retrieval. And then I got a call the next day that said the number that fertilized. So they ICSI'd 10, 8 fert. I didn't find out if any of them made it to transfer until the day of.

You'll be only a couple days behind me...

Praying for you, my friend.

~~HUGS~~

JJ said...

Sending you lots of wonderful thoughts for tomorrow--you and I will be on "the table" at the same tomorrow morning!
You should be able to get the number retrieved before you leave tomorrow.
Lots of hugs for you!

Mo said...

Sending positive thoughts for a great retrieval your way!

Mo

Mrs. Pierce said...

how exciting!!! yes those PIO shots SUCK. good luck with it :) they told me how many eggs they got while i was still in recovery, then the next day they said how many were mature, how many they ICSI, and how many fertilized. be sure to have a pen and paper ready for when they call that day!!! good luck tomorrow.

Petrucia said...

I'm thinking of you this morning (Tuesday), hoping that everything is going well for you. :)