Trying to stay somewhat positive, but it's not working very well.
After exponentially increasing in discomfort... graduating to pain, I thought FOR SURE I'd have more follicles than Sunday's scan.
Nope.
Now, it seems I have 2 "good" sized follicles on the right side w/ 1 very small one. And 3 "good" sized follicles on the left side.
She measured them like 13x10, so I don't know if that counts as a 13 or 10? If they average growth of 2mm/day & they grow them to 18mm, then I guess it could be ER in 3 days. It sure doesn't seem like there will be any more follicles up & coming.
So, 5 it is. Hopefully.
I know I should wait to hear from the IVF nurse (I went to the u/s technician here in town, not at the clinic 3hrs away), which should call after their 1pm meeting, but I'm just so discouraged. I wonder if we should just cancel... keep the monies on deposit & then try again at the beginning of the year. It just seems like so much money to waste of 5 little eggs.
I'm, again, disapointed in my body. Wish I could be on the normal side of something.
Again, I'm trying to stay positive. Maybe it means all 5 of them will be good, mature eggs. It only takes one. Blah, Blah, Blah.
I just wanna go home, crawl into bed, & cry until I fall asleep again.
Sure hope everyone else has a much better morning & day than I've had.
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

5 comments:
Rachie, I'm so sorry to read about this, it's hard when there isn't lots of follicles, and you read about all these other women with their follicles (note - they usually don't have endometriosis, we endo chicks produce lower eggs). I know you've heard it all before about quality not quantity, so I'll send you hugs instead. Supporing you from a far.
OHSS is more your E2 levels. I didn't have a huge # of eggs, but became at risk because of a jump in my levels (I went from 1800 something to 3200 something in one day).
Remember - it only TAKES ONE!!! Try to cling to that. I know it's so hard.
I'll be praying for you.
~~HUGS~~
thank you for finding my blog. i read your last few posts, and i will be praying for you!!! it is a very hard thing to go through, and i wish the best for you.
What Duck said is true. Endo seems to influence the number of eggs we produce. The good news is that it doesn't seem to effect our quality. 5 mature, high quality eggs would be very positive. A lot of the time when people produce oodles of eggs, the maturity and quality is effected.
With that said, I understand the discouragement. My doc offered us the option of converting to an IUI and then, trying again with a different protocol. Talk to your doc and then, go with your gut.
((HUGS))
Ugh! I know how devastating this news can be in the middle of a cycle. I'm sorry. The good news ot all this is that it does only take one. One good egg. Visualize that.
Post a Comment