Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kinda Liking This Bed-Rest Stuff

So, I'm not technically on bed rest, I guess. In my mind, I imagine bed rest is pretty much just that... getting up only to potty & eat.

The nurse at transfer said that they don't recommend bed rest after day of transfer since it reduced blood flow. So, I'm still getting up & wrapping a gift here & there, doing a little bit, not really much more than reading, TV, & sleep.

I guess I'm still not going too crazy with the 2WW yet. I think mostly because I'm, umm, either reading, sleeping, or watching TV! Kind of keeping my mnind of the most obvious.

The only difference I would say I feel now is the abdominal stuff. The pulling pain that I normally feel during ovulation or me.nstruation... the endo on my left ovary. I'm sure the estrogen is affecting it. I get random crampy, non-painful twinges. Surprisingly, I'm not really obsessing over it yet.

I have less than 8 days now. I am pretty sure we won't be POAS beforehand. I just want to have that hope as long as possible. It may be the only time I can have this hope. Although I am dearly hanging onto that hope & prayerfully begging to one day meet at least one of these little ones next year.

We up our progesterone to 50mg tomorrow (from 25mg since last Thursday) & I start estrogen patches. I didn't know about the estrogen until right before the transfer. The shots don't hurt too much, but each hip is definitely getting tender. I imagine it'll just get worse.

Oh, well. Definitely something I'm willing to do for that chance.

Just to update, 4dp3dt. Getting closer.

6 comments:

Mo said...

you sound so much saner than me! Glad you're doing well. Good to see your update.

mo

Anonymous said...

So no peeing, huh? You're killing me! You know, I have a couple of leftover pee sticks that I could fed ex... :)

I'm glad you are in such a hopeful and postive place. Good luck with the shots. They were rarely painful, but they did make me sore. Hoping you have reason to continue those for a while!

I Believe in Miracles said...

I'm praying for you. Glad you're doing well and resting up...
~~HUGS~~

Petrucia said...

good luck with the estrogen.
it's so nice to see you are being able to rest and sleep. Sleep is the one thing that has been hard for me. If something wakes me up, I can't go back... oh well. I guess I'll try napping more.
You really sound balanced during this. keep the up the good mood.

Virginia said...

just clicking over to send you warm wishes today.

[({ warm wishes })]

Josée Martens said...

I find most of the 2ww pleasant. I love knowing my embies are with me.

You sound so good! Wishing you lots of baby dust.