Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Question for the Endo Patients Out There....

Any of ya'll get a Rx from your GYN for the Lupron for IVF?

For some reason, it just hit me today that it could save us like $150 with our insurance copay for Lupron as treatment of endo.

Just wondering. I plan to call them after their lunch break, but thought I'd put feelers out there for anyone else that may have "circumvented" this issue of coverage.

Hope everyone's doing well! :)

5 comments:

Christi said...

I'm wondering, why would it matter who the prescription comes from? Mine was covered even though it was written by a RE. maybe I'm missing something...

Christi said...

Yeah, funny, you just assume everything will be denied! I know how that goes... I'd call your insurance company but it might be covered.

Christi said...

I hear ya, CCRM isn't too keen on generics, my copay for lupron is $5 but my insurance doesn't cover brands which brand lupron is $500!! Fortunately, he gave me a script for the generic but I almost had a cow. Good Luck! i can't believe your cycle starts soon...

Faith said...

Yeah, my insurance actually covered the Lupron(regardless of who it was from). Hopefully that will be true for you, too.

Nadine said...

well the lupron I take (yes I'm now on lupron) is a one month shot) and the similiar drug that I took for an IVF cycle was a daily shot, so not sure if that makes any difference. Mine was written by an RE too and covered, but i'm a canuk so we're different up here.