Thursday, October 23, 2008

Girls Night In

On Saturday night, we got to see the two most special little girls in our lives... Our nieces:



We spent most of that night talking & snuggling with the girls. Big M was very talkative & we spent hours trying to figure out words that started with a specific letter. H, M, B, C, S, even Q. Q was a short one. :) She has an impressive vocabulary & was very creative with her words. Little M was a jumpy thing until she just ZONKED out. Like immediately.

Sunday morning we went out for a few minutes & snapped some pics in the sweet dresses. The light was harsh, but we spent most of the time in the spots they wanted to pose in. Like, with blinding sunlight & horrible shadows on their faces! They're still adorable pictures, but those two were some of my favorites!

Interacting with them Saturday night was just bittersweet. Bitter cuz we rarely get to see them (like a couple of times a year) & cuz I so long for being able to spend time with our child like that... sweet cuz, well, how could it not be sweet to be with such awesome kids?! We adore them!!

I feel like this blog is one-sided while I just post about my IF stuff, but thought it wouldn't hurt to branch out a bit & share more about my personal life. A little more about who I am.

3 comments:

Josée Martens said...

Those fresh faced freckle princesses are adorable. :-)

I have mine coming to stay with me overnight in a week and I can't wait!

Hope2morrow said...

Great pics! Thanks for posting them.

It is bittersweet, but it will be great to make these same kinds of wonderful memories with your little ones someday (hopefully soon).

I Believe in Miracles said...

I love the reminder that you are more than your IF. It's so true and we often forget that.
**HUGS**