My MIL emailed this morning & told me that they will cover the remaining amount we will need for IVF in November! We will continue to sell the approx $500-600 worth of stuff we still have, then they will cover the needed amount. Very nice!
Which means all we do now is wait! If it weren't for my school schedule & optimizing the chance I can continue in the nursing program w/out a delay, I'd want to start earlier! I will be on the Pill a week or two longer than normal so that I won't be on Lupron too long.
Just wanted to share my excitement with my buddies! :) We have been so fortunate to go through IVF w/out debt! I am so consumed with this excitement, that I'm finding it hard to concentrate on other things I'm supposed to be doing... like studying, concentrating on school, focusing at work. I'm like in the infactuation stage of this! I know it'll be even crazier come November & December with all the hormones raging through my body.
Anyone do their own self soothing techniques? I'm trying to look ahead & have something I will fall back on to decrease stress. Trying to work acupuncture in my cycle is already stressful to me, so I'm not even going to pursue that option... although with any future potential FETs we will do acu. Our schedules are to crazy to try to manage that NEW schedule.
Since exercise may be out of the question (not complaining here...), I was wondering about afternoon walks with my hubby even just around our property. Or sitting on the front yard porch for a bit. Some kind of routine or moment just for me or us. Anybody do something like that? If so, what did you do?
I am also interested in yoga... don't want to have to pay $20+ for a DVD, so I'm planning to contact the library & see if they have anything on file.
So, basically, I wanna do something I can do at home where I can set my own schedule. Just try to avoid add'l strssors.
I'm also trying to decrease the clutter in the house & organize as much as possible to help reduce that stressor.
Umm, can anyone out there give me ideas that helped you cope with the extra stress, emotions, feelings, time constraints... all the stuff! I'd really appreciate any advice ya'll can share!
Thanks!
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

8 comments:
You MUST do acupuncture!! It's THE BEST! Once you go you'll be hooked!
As far as Yoga goes-I just DVR ("Tivo") episodes from tv to workout to.
I also have a 'fertility yoga' DVD that I bought which is basically just an easier version of yoga meant to increase blood flow to the reproductive organs.
Plus I have meditation CD's and songs that just make me feel relaxed.
Also for stress-take your vitamins, get lots of sleep, and LAUGHTER....it's the best medicine! When I need some laughter I check out youtube (warning, it's addicting!).
I don't have much advice on de-stressing (I'm not so good at that myself) but I wanted to say congrats on being funded! You and your DH remind me of myself and my DH so much! I'm hoping and praying that you are only a couple of months away from your little miracle!
I ordered the IVF Meditation CD's on this site and found them very helpful. I have never been a meditator. And, it used to take me a very long time to fall asleep. The entire month that I used these, I ALWAYS fell asleep before the track was even done!
http://www.anjionline.com/infertility.php
Hooray re the funding! I know that's a weight off of you and DH.
Yay!!! No stress tips. I just went into survival mode. I did do acupuncture and it really helped me. I hope that you figure out something that will work for you.
Congrats on being fully funded!! That's so exciting :)
I'm a big fan of yoga and pilates. Besides the library my other thought was Netflix. You can get some plans for REALLY cheap (like $4.99/ mo) and they have SO MANY yoga DVDs it's ridiculous. I think they have some meditation ones on there too.
Hope you can destress a little :)
I'm with the others who said acupuncture! Also, it can help with egg quality and blood flow to the uterus. I highly recommed purchasing a IVF meditation CD--I had one that has a track for each of the steps of the process and I loved it! Anything to pamper yourself is also great such as pedicures, massages, bubble baths, etc.. My advice is also to try not to overanaylze every single monitoring appointment because it can drive you batty! Of course that is much easier said than done, especially if you are a Type A like me! Best wishes!
Congrats on getting funded! How exciting to be done with that worry!
I hear that acupuncture is good, but I honestly was just like you and didn't have time. It just seemed like it would be more stressful than it would be worth, and I said the EXACT same thing, that if IVF didnt work, we would use it for FET. Clearly not doing it didn't hurt me!
The main distraction I used for IVF was seriously the Twilight book series. (odd...maybe, but I loved them!) I read all four books, and it really helped to take my mind off of everything! They are easy reads and worth picking up!
Post a Comment