but most definitely excited!?
Since sweet Flo made her appearance last night, I called the IVF nurse to figure out which day to start taking the BCP & also set the appointment for the IVF consult/mock transfer.
I start the Pill on Thursday (cd3), the antibiotic on Saturday, then head to Jax for the consult on Monday. And we're just at 5 weeks until our IVF start date.
Plans so far include:
** Taking BCP until Nov21
** Start Lupron on Nov21
** IVF start appt on Nov26
** Stim meds to start on Nov27 or Nov28
** ER should be the week of Dec7 (hopefully any day OTHER than Dec10... the day of my final exam for this semester)
If we don't have any delays & I stim for only 10 days, that sets the transfer at either Dec12 or Dec14. And, you guessed it, beta on Christmas Eve. Only a few people know we'll find out on Christmas... others know we'll find out shortly after Christmas. So as not to ruin Christmas Day if it's negative.
You all out there... how many days did you stim? I know everyone's different & yadi-yada, but I'd like to see how long others in my "age range" did... :) So, like if you're mid to upper twenties? If you're not, I'm still interested to find out if many people stim more than 12 days.
Hubs is disappointed about this past cycle. When you think it's a possible... everything seems like a sign for the "perfect timing". We're both in pain, but I'm relieved to know that we are on our journey moving forward.
And I love my clinic. The nurse is great.
Outings
2 weeks ago

10 comments:
I want to say I stimmed for abaout two weeks, but that was a long time ago so I don't honestly remember. I'm so excited for you all. I found out my results January 2nd..... but the holidays make the time go faster!!!
I stimmed for 8 or 9 days every time but always triggered on day 9. It's just that on some cycles I stimmed on the morning of day 9, others I didn't. I was 31-32 but I have a ton of follies, over 20 typically, no PCOS, and I respond very well to meds as you can see! :) GOOD LUCK!!
About 8-9 days both times...but really, its totally different for each person depending on how you will respond to the hormones. Good monitoring is the most important=) So excited for you!
I only stim'd for 9 days with my first IVF cycle...they thought it would be a little longer. It really does depend on your labs and scans.
good luck!!!
*hugs* april
We are currently doing our first stim, so I'm not a lot of help right now . . . glad you have dates now though, that makes it seem a lot more real, I think.
2 are being put back because we know that they are both genetically normal :) it was discussed after my CGH results came back and we knew how many normals we have, since there are 5, they'll do 2 for now. He's had 80-85% success rate w this so I don't want to risk triplets.
I asked this question on my blog too. It seems the average is between 10-12. :o)
Oooo exciting times. I stimmed for 7 days but responded ridiculously fast. My clinic said the average is 12 days.
It is definetly overwhelming but exciting too! I can't remember how long I stimmed but it wasn't long at all due to the PCOS, and it certiantly wasn't 10 days. Here's to a perfect cycle with a wonderful result!
It is so exciting and the time will fly! I was on the stims for seven days (I am 28) but went into the OHSS, so it was a high dose fast, then put on the breaks!
Post a Comment