Since our local HMO wasn't contracted with the hospital in JAX, I got the Menopur + hcg filled there.
I thought filling the other locally (progesterone & Lupron) would be covered by the insurance. Called WM (they were so cheap with my ABX, so... thought I'd start there) & they didn't seem to think the Lupron may not be covered. So, I'll call the insurance tomorrow to see. And there's only 2 pharmacies that carry the progesterone in oil locally.
So, I wish I would have just filled all of it in JAX to get it over with it. Anyone else have these kind of issues?
Just frustrated with it.
If the insurance doesn't cover it, I guess it'll be like an extra $160 for meds.
Less than 4 weeks to go now. Getting excited.
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

4 comments:
I am getting excited for you!!
All the costs of IVF are such a pain...sorry for the medication issues. We were lucky and meds were covered...but nothing else so we were still in the hole for about 10K
Insurance sucks. Even when it does cover stuff, it doesn't cover everything. I was told we were a-ok to get full coverage, and then found out later there was a deductible. Compared to other people it's not much to complain about, but still crappy.
Count down - go!
***HUGS***
It will all be worth it when you have that baby in your arms!
Yeah!
Scraft's is the fertility side of walgreens. I used them and they were great about filling and shipping medication. They will check your insurance coverage and let you know as well. You may want to give them a try. :)
Post a Comment