Found out another friend is pregnant.
Growing up in a small Christian school & church, I had three girls that were my closest friends. From fourth grade through all of high school we remained close. Even through college & post-college, I think we all considerd each other dear friends.
Out of the four of us, I was the first to get married (over 4 years ago). Now, I'm the last to become a mother. It's like inversely proportional to our marriage dates. Yeah, I think of things like that.
I was upset inside. But, I was much better at self-soothing. I'm trying to avoid negativity in areas of my life & I think I'm disconnecting emotionally from certain things.
One of the other of the four just found out on Tuesday, her baby due in March will be another little girl. The other friend has four children.
Maybe I will also be due in 2009, so it can be another experience we share.
In "IVF prep" news, the doxycycline has made me extremely nauseaus. And I've only take 3 of the 10 pills. Anyone else experience this? I've even stayed upright 30+m following administration + eaten food with the pill. Not looking forward to taking them for the transfer.
Tomorrow we head for the IVF consult. We'll be leaving around 6a & turning around to come right back immediately after the appointment. The trip is abut 2.5-3.0 hours one way. Not too bad.
We plan to put almost half of the clinic's cost down at tomorrow's visit. We'll also get the prescription for the remaining Menopur we'll need, Lupron, & the ABX, too.
I assume we get a prospective calendar for the cycle? Or does that come at our IVF start date in November? Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Hope everyone's doing well! I'm getting pretty excited about how quickly this cycle is "sneaking" up on us. Although, we've been preparing mentally & financially since last January.
Outings
2 weeks ago

5 comments:
You are so close to your IVF date! Man, time flies...
Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!
You are almost there!! I'm so excited for you. I hope your apt goes really well and all your questions get answered.
I'm sorry about your friends. I read somewhere recently that life is not a race... and neither is this whole having babies thing. Course much of the time it doesn't feel that way. But regardless, I hope both of us will be due in 2009.
***HUGS***
doxycycline can be very hard on the stomach. I would talk to your nurse and see if you can change it. On my first cycle, the same thing happened and it only got worse making it hard for me to eat and drink. It just added to the misery and it's not necessary. On my 2nd cycle, they gave me a zpak so you might be able to switch it.
sorry about your friend, there seems to be tons of announcements around me as well...
You're getting close! Hope tomorrow's appointment goes well and smoothly, travel and all.
I am sorry the doxy is making you ill. i've heard of a lot of people getting sick to their stomachs on it especially if they forgot to eat. I took my first one (for this cycle anyway) this morning.
I hope you feel less sick with the next doses. GOOOOOOO GET EM!
Post a Comment