Monday, August 22, 2011

Still Unreal

I am 5wks along today.

Am not sure if it's the hormones or just me, too, but I got pretty aggravated this weekend. Saturday evening found us at a local fish camp get-together. Besides like half the people smoking (around my baby boy & my pregnated self), but many cursed loudly & often. Not exactly words I want little bit learning.

Then, the child-raising advice began. From the same person who would give me pregnancy advice the whole time with E. Oh, my. So, for an hour plus of trying to get "away"... I heard how I need to potty train him, make him talk, put him to bed, etc etc. I have been very blessed in that neither my mother nor my MIL do this.

But, what also got me was... like everyone else knows about the pregnancy even though we haven't officially announced it... ya know, on Facebook. :) But SIL shares it at a random birthday party & other examples. I know this isn't the objective. The objective is a healthy, viable pregnancy... then baby. But, it would be nice to tell our own news. My husband tells me people tell because they are happy, but grumpy RayRay thinks it's also to tell the "big" news.

Oh, well.

Only 10days until the ultrasound. I am rarely nauseaus, completely off PIO, & dutifully taking my prenatals + estrogen patches. Went through most of the baby stuff & reorganized the extra room. Feels good to have that room cleared out a bit. I also have a mound of maternity clothes pulled out. And, I even wore maternity pants last night. Much more comfortable than my skinny jeans.

This weekend, my baby turns TWO. Wow. Have lots of stuff to wrap up this week & he might even get a haircut... his first. Big week full off stuff... hopefully to keep my mind off my bigger baby growing up & my little baby being okay.

2 comments:

Mrs. Pierce said...

i'm so excited for you! so many big things happening. my little boy turned 2 in june and *so far* it hasn't been as scary as i thought it would be. we haven't started potty training yet though.....can't wait to hear about the US!

Rebecca said...

I hope your ultrasound goes well! Is it on Friday?

I'm sorry your SIL is spilling the beans instead of letting you share the news. I freaked out when my mom told me a few weeks ago that she had told the neighbors (after we explicitly told her that for people we don't know well, we were simply going to let my stomach announce the news for us if we get to that point). I agree with you - some people just like the attention that comes with sharing news like that.