Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yard Sale #2 Progress

We have received so many donations for our 2nd yard sale (scheduled for 10/25/08) that I started going through the stuff & put some ads on craigslist. I sell 'em cheap, so I wasn't sure if I'd just be doing too much work for too little money... but since Sunday, we've already made $38.70 in pre-sales. Pretty cool. And we'll probably do more. Here's a shot of our guest/craft room filled with clothes. I know it's messy, but this way if someone wants a certain size... I can pop the box in my car & meet them in "town". (Oh, yeah... we live in the country. We commute to "town" for work, so sometimes it works better for others to meet us after work!)


The goal for this yard sale was initially $500. With all the stuff we've gotten (including several pieces of furniture), I think we may get $700-$800 at least! Pretty exciting.

Also, we will be receiving a car from a family member. This will allow us to sell my car... which will help us with savings for the IVF/ICSI in December & hubby's tuition due in January for the spring semester. Paying graduate rates suck, but at least we don't have to go into debt for it. Something to be thankful for... since I still owe almost $3k for my undergrad degree. That I'm now working on an associates degree. LOL. Life is weird.

Less than 2 months until my mock transfer. And with my cycles (which was 1 day late...), it appears I will need to start the BCPs in October to match up properly for the Dec4 start date.

We also just got the application for fostering & adoption with the agency we picked out. We plan to still fill them out & attend the MAPP (I found out what it means: Model Approach to Parenting Practice... umm, I think that's right. It's something like that! LOL)

2 comments:

Josée Martens said...

Nice job! I hope you score big time this weekend. Good luck!

Ellie said...

Wow- it sounds like a very busy time for you guys! Even $500 would be awesome for the garage sale- good luck!

About student loans- want to feel better? I have $30,000 in debt from my bachelors and now I'm a glorified secretary. That stings. ;) Yes, life is weird!