Well, I started calling around to take the MAPP classes around here. I'm not sure if it's just a Florida thing, but to foster or adopt (at least through the agency we plan to adopt through if that ends up happening) we have to take the 30 hour MAPP class.
So, I thought since we will have to take it eventually & it's free & the certification doesn't expire... that we'd look into it.
We're signed up to take a 5wk course starting in October. I really enjoyed speaking with the one girl about registering & getting info about fostering & foster-to-adopt.
I'm still getting highs & lows about the high expense of IVF & the big chance it may not work. Maybe it's part of self-protection, but I'm having more & more feelings to delay the cycle. Nursing school is not nearly as important as becoming a mother, but I'm wondering if I should just wait 3-4 months to give me the best shot of completing nursing school on schedule. If I couldn't because I was pregnant... hello... it's a win/win situation period. But it would also give us more time to save & allow me to feel a bit less restrictive when it comes to saving.
Anyone out there understand what I'm saying? If I knew it would work, I'd for sure do it. I'm just wondering how miserable the Christmas/New Years holidays may be. Then again, the tax implications will really be better to do the cycle this calendar year. And if I did get pregnant with a singleton, I'd probably be able to finish out the program unless there were complications.
So much to think about & I'm so sick of having to think about it. And wonder what the RIGHT thing for us is. I just wish I knew.
Much love out there to everyone cycling & waiting & already got their BFP.
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

3 comments:
Texas requires the same thing for foster care and foster to adopt.
We struggled with the whole idea of IVF for the very same reason. It's hard to risk so much money for something that you have no idea if it will actually work. We came to the conclusion that we had to try it at least once for closure. Of course, it took us 5 years to get there!! We move slow....obviously. :)
While it is empowering to find out about other options, it does create a lot of guesswork in timing, funding, and relative risk/sucess levels.
I wish for you wisdom and clarity.
Hey -- thanks also for entering the M&Ms giveaway. We'll announce the winner next week, so check back.
Goodness. That's a lot to process. Sounds like you are getting a lot of good information and keeping an open mind about your options.
Post a Comment