Yes, I am. "IVF December: I'm so excited" "IVF December: Maybe I should wait? Will we have enough money?"
Well, TODAY I feel excited. I went back over our money building & we will have enough for the cycle without having to borrow anything. Shelling out that much money will be painful, but what I am hoping for is that we can have at least 2 or 4 blasts to freeze. I don't want to do the oocyte freezing as the low success rates & I don't think PN stage is really giving the embies as good of a chance. The strongest survival rate of the thaw is the blasts & I felt much better about this decision when I found out from my cryo lady that they do not expire the cells. They wait & continue letting the embies grow until they arrest or stop functioning. I guess I was worried they would just say "These don't look as good, so we're not freezing them" & let the little guys die. I'm glad to hear they continue nurturing them until they are ready to freeze or arrest on their own.
So, I don't want to get my hopes up too much about the fresh cycle, although I want it to work... but I do want to have some FETs to roll off this cycle. Since we probably won't be able to do another IVF cycle. Depending on how this cycle plays out, we will still have many decisions to make. I guess that's another thing I was trying to put off, by delaying IVF a bit longer.
But all factors seem to be pointing to December as the right month. Even the start date they offer (because of the holidays, they only do 2 start dates in December... normally they cycle every Thursday, I guess?).
Will probably flop tomorrow, but for now I'm flippy. And excited. And nervous, but hopeful. Thankful we have an option. Thankful we can afford it.
Outings
2 weeks ago

3 comments:
Anything that brings you to your family is a good thing. :-)
I hope you get preggo the first time round and not need any FETs til you are ready for siblings! YAY!
Yay!! It it so good to have a plan. Can't wait til you cycle! :)
My ultrasound is scheduled for September 8. Thanks for asking!
Post a Comment