Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Can I Just Say...

That I love my clinic?

In the past two days, I've spoken with the financial manager for numbers, the IVF nurse, & someone in the cryo office.

Talked about the procedure for either oocyte or embryo cryo (at either PN, day2, day3, or blast stage), the cost, the possible effects, tons of stuff. And I'm pretty much a nerd when it comes to finding out AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE about something I'm interested in. So, I ask lots of questions.

The nurse is great & always is patient, non-rushing, calm, non-judgemental.

The financial side is on top of the money & helpful.

But the cryo lady was awesome. You can tell she loves what she's doing. The oocyte program is kind of her baby, but she is well experienced in the embryo program, too. She was so informed & answered all of my questions. Even offered me her email address.

This makes me feel that nervous/shaky/excited kinda thing. It's exciting knowing this is on the move & my body just reacts this way. Crazy.

I will still plan to head over in October for the mock transfer. I can start the BCP as early as October or as late as November. It'll depend on my cycle.

And I love the fact that they keep saying how young I am. I sure don't feel young, but I guess I am pretty young compared to many of their other patients. Of course we don't know how good my eggs will be, but statistically speaking they should "work" pretty well. I certainly hope so.

Will keep ya updated on our progress.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great everyone is so supportive. I loved my IVF nurse. It just helps to work with people who actually seem to care about their patients.

Christi said...

what clinic do you go to? the one in jville?

Mandy said...

I think working with a great staff makes this whole process a little easier. I am glad you found a good clinic, it makes all the difference!

Faith said...

I love it. I'm so glad that your staff is great! We love ours too - they really make this process so much more pleasant. BTW -- I tagged you!

Christi said...

curious, why are you looking into freezing eggs? why wouldn't you just fertilize all the eggs and then freeze anything that makes it that you don't put back?

Nadine said...

It's great when they tell you how young you are, my RE told us all the bad things, ending with, thankfully you started young so it gives us a chance!
It's exciting to have a solid plan, isn't it?

Josée Martens said...

congrats on all the fundraising and the good clinic. two essential parts of your recipe for success. I hope you trip over a pot of gold. ;-)