Saturday, August 9, 2008

Anyone Done...

oocyte cryopreservation instead of embryos?

We're looking into that. Haven't called to find out how the process would work, but we're pretty interested. Just wanted to put feelers out to see if anyone else out there had done it.

Still not too much going on IF-related. Except for saving & planning add'l fundraisers.

Hope this post finds everyone out there doing well.

3 comments:

Nadine said...

Embryos last better, I know a friend who was involved in the experiments at mcgill and they are not going all that well, when they thaw the eggs, the implant rates are very very low, your much better off thawing embryos as they have higher success rates.... but that's my opinion

Rachie Pachie said...

Yeah... I've heard the same... :( The clinic we go to boasts of the best rates, but I checked out CCRM & they have like 80% survival rates & 50% fertilization rates or something like that. Really high. My clinic said with IF women, on average it takes like 19 eggs to produce 1 baby.

DH is more comfortable with the oocyte cryo than the embryo, so I'm thinking that's the way we will end up going. I know the embryo is so much more successful. And less expensive than than oocyte. Makes it harder to decide. :(

Christi said...

I'm not sure where you are getting the 80% survival rate from CCRM but they do the slow freeze for embryos but also vitrification which has a much higher survival rate. They used vitrification on my embryos because they are having genetic testing done on them. They use the slow freeze for people not doing the genetic testing... My cycle there, I had 75% of my mature eggs fertilze. 75% of those made it to blast!!