This morning was my last PIO. So, 6wks+1day of those things. They didn't really start to be bothersome until 5wks, so I'm thankful for that. The RE had told me at the 6.5wk u/s that I could just stop the PIO + estrogen patches when I ran out of PIO, but I was nervous about stopping them cold turkey.
So, I called Tuesday & spoke to a nurse. She told me the main reason for tapering the hormones off is to avoid headaches. I just feel it's better to be safe than sorry. I know there's still a chance I could lose this little baby, but I don't want to wonder if it was because I dropped the hormones too quickly.
Which means, I'm on su.ppositories 3x/day until wk9, then 2x/day until wk10, & finally 1x/wk until wk11. Same with the estrogen patches, but not nearly as many! I think I continue the 2patches/2days until wk10, then down to 1patch/2days until wk11. {I have it written down somewhere...}
I'm doing pretty well over here, other than the below & in 20s weather we're experiencing in our part of Florida. Since it began getting cooler right in the beginning of the IVF cycle, I wasn't comfortable buying any propane for the heating. Now, we're out of the cycle, & I'm trying to save money by still not getting any propane, but these temps sure suc.k! We have a space heater + a wonderful heating blanket (that I learned almost as soon as we found out about the pregnancy, I can only keep it on a low temp during the night so as not to increase my body temp... had never even THOUGHT of something like that, but glad I found out early). But, the mornings getting dressed & out the door... are rough for me. I think I'm gonna grab some gloves to have just for that! :)
Enough whining, though. I'm looking forward to the spring & summer temps!
I still haven't thrown up & I'm feeling less & less nauseas in the past couple of weeks. I am very thankful for that. Except for being tired & the occasional cramp or pulling in my abdomen, I don't "feel" pregnant. I remember reading those kind of comments... that before, I was grasping at any kind of symptom to mean I was pregnant. And once it's here, not much of anything.
We have our 1st appt with the OB's office next Friday. This will be an orientation w/ the nurse just for Q&As &, I guess, getting info from us. I think our chart from the RE would have most of that, but I'm looking forward to asking questions. Then, a week and a half later, we have our 1st appt with the doctor. This is the same doctor that has been treating my endo. We like him. We were told we'll probably do another u/s at that time; we'll be 11 wks that day & off supplemental hormones.
Sorry to not be posting very often. I guess there's not too much happening. Thinking of you all... been reading, but not commenting as much. I will change that!! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!
Outings
2 weeks ago

6 comments:
those PIO shots really did suck! the suppositories aren't all that great but at least they don't hurt. i'm very happy that everything is going well, and i also never threw up or anything. made me kind of nervous since I didn't have any "symptoms" but all is well!!! keep the updates coming.
I am so happy things are going well. And bye bye PIO, right! YAY!
Hooray for no more shots!
I'm so glad that things are going so well so far. I hope they continue the same.
I hope the OB appointment goes wonderfully!
I'm on 2 pessaries a day (Cyclogest) - have been since retrieval and 2 progynova (estrapause) daily too - apparently until 12 weeks
So glad you're finished with the shots -- hooray!!
I am just so thrilled that you are pregnant! So glad that all continues to go well!
Post a Comment