Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Still Not Too Much to Report

Since we haven't started the treatments yet, there's not too much for me to "report", but I am still just on a high from our fund-raising. We've had some interest in our Craigslist ads, which will help.

Hmm, less than 2 weeks until my surgery. Have been in a bit of pain some days & a tremendous amount of pain some moments. I'm definitely feeling different pains than before the hormone suppression, but hopefully this means the surgery can be better since those lesions will have been "active".

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

21 comments:

Nadine said...

Sorry to hear that your having pain, I know for me, not being pregnant is one problem, but, all the pain that is associated with endo, is another problem .... hope things are better after the surgery.

Christi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Visiting from NCLM.

I am glad the yardsale was successful. I hope the surgery goes well!

Erin said...

Visiting Via NCLM. Glad to hear your yard sale was successful. Good Luck with all of your fundraising. I know what a financial burden all of this can be.

All the best.

Josée Martens said...

Thanks for your comment! I see you are raising cash! That rocks! I hope you get all you want and then some. Mostly I hope your dreams come true very, very soon.

I've got endo too. That blows. What drug were you on for it? Why did they want you on a drug? I haven't taken anything. Had a lap last July. A new RE wants me on two months of Lupron. Just curious. Us endo girls need to stick together. Happy blogging!

Anonymous said...

NaComLeavMo

I honestly can't imagine having to fund raise like this to pay for an IVF cycle. I wish you every success.

Pepper said...

Good job fundraising! All this talk of blog ads makes me want to switch to blogspot. I can't have ads on wordpress.

Sorry that you're not feeling 100% and I hope the surgery does the trick.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I tried leaving a comment earlier but I don't think it worked. Just wanted to say it bites to have to worry about finances, on top of endo & IF. Also, you are doing an amazing job at this fundraising! I will be thinking/praying good thoughts for you.

My good friend is also dealing w/ endo and has found a gluten free diet (GF diet) has worked wonders for her quality of life. You may be interested to check out her blog page where she recommends a book on it: http://barrenwheatfield.wordpress.com/end-no/ Now she & her dh are ttc so I hope the GF will also help there.
wishing you all the best ...

Christi said...

Why are you having surgery??? Oh, I will be thinking of you that day while I'm in Denver!!

It's not a SA really, it's chromsomal testing of the sperm. My RE sent it to DC to have it done. He said several weeks but it's been 6 now. We called my RE and they just say, we'll call you when it's ready. I'm obviously having issues w my local RE, hence why I'm going to Denver. Dr. S from CCRM just said that he'd call to get them. It's just ridiculous, my local guy has no idea that I got another consult - I think he's written me off. oh well...

JW Moxie said...

I'm here via NCLM. I hope things are better after your surgery, and I especially hope that you'll surpass your financial goal for IVF#1!

littleangelkisses said...

I hope that things are better after the surgery. Great work on the fundraising. We're dealing with the financial stuff surrounding IVF and it stinks!

Becki said...

Best of luck to you - I hope everything turns out like you want :)

Found your site through NCLM.

Jill said...

I never knew how great these google ads, craigslist ads and yardsales could be so effective! You are doing a great job! Good luck girl!

Happy Friday!!!

Eliza said...

New to you through NCLM; endometriosis SUCKS! I have it, and after I finished using my uterus for keeping fetuses in I wanted a hysterectomy in the worst possible way--I actually asked my OBGYN if, in the event I ended up needing a cesarean with my last child, she could perhaps just pull the whole shebang out, strip my ute off of the baby like shelling a peanut, and toss it in the garbage. She explained that for various reasons THAT wasn't a very good idea and I didn't end up needing a cesarean anyway, but about eight months ago I had an intrauterine ablation and WOW! Once you're done doing productive things with your uterus you should totally look into that--I hear not everyone is so lucky but I haven't bled or cramped AT ALL since the surgery, and I used to spend up to ten days out of twenty-eight hunched over in agony feeling like someone was driving railroad spikes into my pelvis from behind and banging them into the burning brick of agony that was my reproductive area...ugh. Just a thought for something you can look forward to further down the road--I never knew the procedure existed until my OBGYN suggested it to me after I developed a bleeding disorder (which made endo-periods a bad idea for obvious reasons) and I am loving it! Good luck with this upcoming cycle--also, good luck with G.oogle because they like to wait until juuuust before you get a check and then cut you off for "Inv.alid c.licks," which they did to me and to several other bloggers I know. Bastards. I'd be careful about mentioning them in your posts at all if I were you.

Sam said...

I hope your surgery is successful and you become pain free!

Kim said...

Good Luck with the fund raising. We are trying to raise money for our adoption. I have had a great response from sales representatives who have offered to trade me the free merchandise for their commission from a party. I have a Silpada Jewelry one and a Pampered Chef one set up already! Hope things work out for you! Here from NCLM

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

hi
I'm here from NaComLeavCom
congratulations on your fundraising so far.
I wish you every success on this journey to parenthood ... I hope the planned surgery achieves what you want and you recover swiftly.

My Little Drummer boys
warm regards
Trish

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Endo's my biggest enemy.. and I feel for you.

I hope things get better for you after your surgery...

Jendeis said...

Here from NaComLeavMo. I'm sorry that you are having so much pain. I hope that you do feel better after the surgery. Congrats on such successful fundraising.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog name! Here from NCLM and I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of your struggles. Congratulations on such a successful fundraiser, I admire your determination. Best of luck with your IVF and of course, your upcoming surgery.

Katie said...

Paying a visit thru NCLM. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery... hopefully it will relieve some of the pain.