For preparation for clinicals, we had a tour of the labor & delivery & the post-partum floors. Thankfully, we didn't see any newborns.
It was easier than I expected to emotionally detach myself from the whole process, although there were definitely random thoughts. For example, my gyn was there with 2 patients in the delivery area. I couldn't help but wish it was me. Sitting in the room, excited with my husband, ecstatic about the new life our child would have... but I'm still not there.
I think I've recently felt more emotionally level. I'm not sure if it's because it's the couple of days before I'm due for my next Zoladex implant... because last week was BAD! Thank God I'm feeling better & getting through my work/classes without incredible stress. The past semester, with the medication & hormonal changes & the crazy class schedule, was extremely hard on me & it's relieving to know that there's a huge chance it will be better this & following semesters.
So, only 3 more days of my hormones & Zoladex "active" implant. I'm not sure how long it will take for the Zoladex to get out of my system.
Still excited, though, since we have a bit of a time schedule. A couple of weeks before the surgery, several months until we start all the meds for IVF. We're definitely praying that this is what we are being led to do & that if God wants us to head into another direction. We want to be open to what & where He is leading us.
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment