Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fundraising (Planning): ON!

So, after the encouragement from the comments yesterday, I am in super-nerd mode & trying to brainstorm any ideas possible for fundraising! I had class last night (for my Maternal-Infant nursing class... a sim lab with a cocaine using woman at 34 wks along, but it was interesting. Got to see a real time c-section which confirmed I want to avoid that at ALL cost.) & got to speak with another classmate dealing with IF. She is the only person I know IRL that is dealing with IF. She was encouraging me to speak to my Pastor or deacons about help. The other classmates came in & were extremely supportive of helping us however possible. Fish fry, s'ghetti dinners, car wash, yard sales, etc. I've been blog-hopping like crazy today, so I can't link back to the blogger doing a 1/2&1/2 raffle. I thought that was a neat idea if we can sell enough tickets!

Also, tonight is my last day on the hormones & hopefully my own hormones will kick-in off the Zoladex implant! I'm pretty excited about having my own metabolism back (so I can lose the weight I've gained on this junk) & get out of menopause! At least with IVF on Lupron it will be a month at most (or I guess with the "average cycle"). Still hopeful about having the money needed for the December cycle.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Did you know that hormones SUCK! Thanks for writing on my site. Yes, I have endo as well. I was diagnosed when I was 19 and it has been nothing but problems! Psos doesn't help things. If I read things correctly, you are just finishing Lupron. Hope it was okay for you. I did it when I was 20 for 6 months, it was a struggle-lots of side effects. Anyway I would love to chat, you can email be at badgerfan3@aol.com or comment on my blog. Hope you earn lots of money on your yard sale!!

Pepper said...

Ebay and craigslists are other ways to sell stuff. I sell stuff on Amazon.com, but they're commissions are starting to get so high that it's hard to make a profit. I'd also look for community yard sales at a park or something. That way you'll get a much larger crowd for your merchandise.

Thanks for your comment on my blog, BTW. I love all the IVF advice - isn't it fabulous! - and it's nice to know that others find it helpful too.

Best of luck!

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Hi there, I just had my lap and d&c 2 days ago. I have endo as well and have been ttc for 2 years.

I'm in excruciating pain right now but i'm still hoping for hope.

And here's hope for hope on your yard sale.

xoxo.

sara said...

I'm glad that you're getting some great ideas, as well as a chance to talk to some IRL people too. That's cool. I agree, the hormones suck. It's crazy the crap we voluntarily put into our bodies to get pregnant. Sorry about the crack using woman to 34 weeks. When I am up in L & D working, I get really frustrated when I see people who didn't want to be parents, pregnant - especially ones still heavily using drugs and alcohol. It frustrates me, but most of all breaks my heart. I hope the good ideas keep rolling!

momofonefornow said...

Hi over from NCLM,

I just have to tell you, don't take people out for pizza. Don't give thank you gifts, don't do anything that is going to cut into your profits. Your friends will totally understand. Instead, make up coupons that entitle the user to 5 minutes of baby time, once it is born. That way you say thank you with a reminder of why you held the fund raiser in the first place. Also, I don't know where you are but Dairy Queen, Long John Silver's and Sonic all offer fundraising opportunities. If you have any of those in your area you can check with them. Out local DQ gave my church 15% of their profits for a 5 hour window. All we had to do was tell our friends to come up, and we wiped down tables. It snowed horribly that night but we made almost $300. Imagine what a few flyers and a nice night could yield. Good Luck!