Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fert Day

I had my day 13 ultrasound yesterday. My lining was appropriate & one of my ovaries had an 18mm follicle. I guess the estrogen normally inhibits any follicles being developed? I hadn't ovulated, so we are still a go for the thaw + ICSI today!!

Since the doctor will not transfer three embryos & cryo egg cycles are normally day 2 transfers, we will basically get day to day instructions. If all three thaw & fertilize, then Friday morning I get an update. If only one or two thaw & fertilize, the transfer will be a day 2. So, could be as early as Friday or as late as Monday.

I got to talk to the nurse that pretty much does the cryo egg research & data collection, so that was nice. She was pretty positive about our chances simply due to our age. I even requested a script for the desogen in case we aren't pregnant... I could hop right back into a cycle for January. I was trying to be realistic yesterday.

But today?

All I can think about is little embryos. Our little babies. And the two year old snuggler next to me. So weird that he used to be a little embryo.

Wow. It truly is amazing. Even if we don't become pregnant or stay pregnant, today we will have little embryos.

I am guessing my beta day will be December 22.

Will update more as I know. I have had some cramping, though, which is weird to me as I've never really experienced that with prior cycles?