According to the websites, Elias is over 18.5inches long & weighs almost 6.0 pounds (or the weight of a CRENSHAW MELON)!

Thoughts/Happenings:
** We had our maternity portraits shot this weekend. I'm very interested to see how they turned out & hope that we got several "favorite" shots. Our photographer is on vacation this week, so I think we'll have the edited photos in our hot-little-hands within 2 or 3 wks. We'll have them on CD/DVD with print rights, so we can print them @ our leisure & post them online no problems! :) AND, we've already set up a tentative newborn session by the end of September! Yay! {You must know that I will post some of the shots as soon as we get them!}
** I am officially heading to the doctor every week. Every Tuesday to be exact! My group B strep status: (still waiting on the call back from the doctor) ; my dilation/effacement status: 2-3cm/60%. Who knows how much longer we'll have? ;)
** Had some either fake (okay, I know they're technically Braxton Hicks) or real contractions last Thursday evening/Friday morning. Woke me up I was hurting so much. But, they went away. We can only hope they were a couple of "real" ones that are preparing my body for labor & delivery in the next couple of weeks!
** My last day of work before maternity leave (unless Elias comes earlier) will be August 14th. Our plans are for me to return to this current position at the beginning of January. That gives me about 4mths @ home with Elias, so we're very excited about that! :)
** Elias's hospital bag is packed... only thing to add later is when we get the "unborn child John" insurance card in the next week or so. Our hospital bag is pretty much packed. I'm sure I'll add more later, but we have the little toiletries, the Flip video camera, extra batteries, one change of clothes each... probably will add a robe & the computers on the way out. We can stay up to 48hrs following the delivery, but as little as 24-36 hrs be discharged. I think we're leaning towards the 24hr mark as long as the pediatrician clears Little One to head home with us!
** The carseat bases have yet to be installed, but the carseat + base are located in Nick's car. That's the one we'll plan to take to the hospital. Hopefully, we can have the carseat base installed & checked in the next week. Doesn't hurt to be as prepared as possible!
** Elias's room still has some work to be done, but not too much. I hope to make some room in his closet for his swing + bouncer, so that will be outta the way. His bassinet is already beside the bed & a changing table we were given is in our bathroom. A tight squeeze for sure, but we're hoping it'll help get us through the first couple of months as it has shelves for (lots of) extra diapers, wipes, outfits, & sheets. Once he outgrows the bassinet, I think we will move his playpen beside our bed until it's time to move him into this own room. Weird to think about even now.
Symptoms/Cravings:
** More heartburn every now & then, aching back during sleeping/rolling over, & lots of fetal movement! It's great!
** Still craving proteins... steaks/burgers, dairy... ice cream/milk/shakes.
Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

4 comments:
Wow!! So crazy how fast time flies, huh?
They haven't measured the dilation/effacement status for me... interesting.
Yeah!!
wow the big day is almost here! i can't believe you are already 2-3 cm!! being induced sucks so it looks like you are on your way naturally :) can't wait to see the maternity pics, and keep those updates coming. after he gets here, the first few weeks will be a blur!
oh wow Rachie! you're almost there!
:O
cool to read about all the details you guys are getting ready and prepared for the big arrival. ;)
it's a great idea to have a professional photographer do this expectant shoot.
wishing you an easy delivery.
hugs
I cant believe its getting so close! So excited for you all=)
Post a Comment