We are only 3wks away from official full-term, 5wks away from possible medical induction, & 6wks away from "technical" due date.
This week, the websites estimate Elias' weight as 4.75lbs (a CANTALOUPE) & almost 18inches long. You can tell the length has slowed considerably as he was growing 0.5-1.0 inch each week... now, he's in the fattening up stage! :)

Thoughts/Happenings:
** We have another week until our doctor's appt. He will do a check to see if my body is progressing at all towards labor & also complete a beta test. If I'm positive, I'll need some prophylactic antibiotics during labor. If not, I get to labor @ home as long as possible!!
** We met with our doula Sunday. Very good meeting. We still feel very comfortable with our plans & are excited about the additional support our doula will provide!!
** We had two baby showers this week! One @ work on Wednesday & one @ church on Saturday. They were so much fun & we pretty much have all we will need (umm, we THINK we will need?) for the baby's arrival! There are several items I'll still need, but most definitely was not comfortable w/ other purchasing them! :) I don't have pictures of all the stuff, but I will try to take the rest of them tonight & post them tomorrow!
** Nick & I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary on Friday. G'Ma was so sweet & prepared a meal for us... more to come on that later!! I have a post ready w/ pictures for that! :) It's hard for me to NOT reflect when I reach milestones, so I think of what I expected when we got married. I would have thought we'd have several little ones running around & maybe done with the child-making "thing". But, God has different plans than we do. We are so thrilled to be expecting this sweet little boy he created just for us to love & raise for Him.
** We are rescheduled for maternity portraits on August 1st. After cancelling our first session & several emails back & forth, we will be using the same photographer ( Amick Cutler), but here in the "greater Tallahassee area" instead of Pensacola. He & his wife will be in town that weekend, so we're hoping to head to the Coast to take pictures near the lighthouse. I'm so thankful this will work out & will share pictures here as soon as we get them!
Symptoms/Cravings:
** Pretty predictable here... milk, steak, cheerios, sweet stuff. Heartburn is coming pretty consistently, but not horrible. I have more aches & pains moving around at night... sleeping is harder cuz my back & hip get to hurting, but it sure doesn't stop me from sleeping! (Last night, I got approximately 10-11hrs!) Clinicals are a bit more difficult, but still not unbearable. Standing up is harder since it requires more than a quick thought & leaning over to pick up trash (or anything) takes much more effort & time. LOL It's funny. I still haven't had horrible swelling, but my ankles & hands will get swollen at night.
Heading to the grocery store tonight after work, then home for a bit of resting & organizing in the baby room. Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

4 comments:
It's getting close, isn't it?! I just turned 35 weeks yesterday, so I understand. I have my dr's appt next week too to check on labor progression and have a group B strep test. I also have my maternity shoot today, which I'm pretty excited about. And, in the meanwhile, I'm trying to get everything ready for when he comes, knowing that I'll be full-term in just 2 weeks, and at my due date in 5 weeks (and that he really could come any time!).
I wanted to write you, though, to first of all say congrats on your wedding anniversary. I know that mine (on June 30th) made me reflect too on how I thought we'd already have kids by now, but how thankful I am to be here now. You're right that God did have different plans, and I'm beginning to see little bits of why His plan was better than mine. I love what you said about God creating your little boy just for you to love and to raise for God. It's so true, and I don't EVER want to lose sight of it. Parenting is one of the greatest ministries you could ever have. It's not just about holding a tiny little baby in your arm and changing his diapers or raising him to be obedient and respectful. It's about raising your child to bring glory to God, to love and to worship Him. It's about living out an example of Christ before your children every single day- being a tangible representation of God's love. It's a WONDERFULLY, HUGE responsibility- not to be taken lightly. And, I'm proud to have the opportunity at this point in my life. :-)
how exciting!! let me say the main thing you will fly through is diapers and wipes!!! i go thru at least 12 diapers a day. can't wait to see the maternity pictures--i'm sure they'll be beautiful. and i'll try to get some shots of my pregnancy album up soon for you! keep those updates coming ;)
it's getting close for you and I'm so excited!
Congrats on your anniversary. We've been married 14 years but I imagined I'd have a 3 yr old by now.
and now i have 2 babies!
can't wait to see the maternity shoot pics. we had to cancel ours :)
Holy crap, 34 weeks!!! And can't wait for you to post(?will you?) the maternity shots!
Post a Comment