Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baby Pics


Here's the baby at 11 wks. S/he was measuring 11w4d @ 4.74cm (1.87inches) w/ a heartbeat of 164. I was pretty surprised, too, when they did an external u/s. Was expecting my little friend... LOL

While we were waiting for the doctor... {which seemed like forever cuz I was so nervous & had to pee so bad!! Seriously, I peed at the beginning of the appt (what do they check for proteins in the urine?), then when she brought us into the exam room, then right before the doctor came in. Dr. B was our gyn for my endo + surgeries, so when I had to go the last time... I popped my head out & caught him in between rooms. He was cute & told us he'd wait for me! :) }, Nick & I discussed finding out the gender. Initially, we had planned on not finding out. Then, when we found out we were pregnant, we toyed w/ the idea of finding out... then decided not to. So, at the appt, Nick said he'd like to find out. SO... we're gonna try to find out the gender. We're still planning to get the essentials (nursery stuff, stroller, play-yard, etc etc) gender-neutral, but I think this will also help connect w/ the baby a bit more. I'm excited, now. I definitely already have what my intuition is telling me, but we'll see if I'm right or not!

Hit 12 wks yesterday! At my doctors office, they officially consider you in the 2nd trimester after the completed 12th week, which would be easier to say once we hit 13wks. I'm not sure why they worded it like that, but oh, well.

I'm still right at my pre-IVF/pregnancy weight. Remember, since my body hardly stimmed at all, I didn't get much fluid retention & therefore didn't gain any weight during IVF. The books say the range for weight gain is 5lbs in the 1st trimester, but I think it's okay for me. I've been eating better & doing a light bit of exercise. My pants can now be buttoned (had to use the Bella Band for the 1st couple of weeks), but I have a slight rounded hump as a baby bump. We're taking weekly pictures, but I think I will wait to post them once I have a clearly defined baby bump! :)

9 comments:

Coco said...

Congratulations AGAIN! You got some great pics!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Congratulations.

My babies are also measuring ahead.

My pregnancy book (What to expect when you're expecting) says you should gain between 1.3 and 1.8 kg during the first trimester (multiply by 2,2 for pounds). I've gained about 1,5 kg in total. I was this heavy on the IVF cycles then lost the weight and now it's the babies' weight

Amanda said...

Beautiful pics! Hooray for a wonderful appointment!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Can't wait to find out whether it's a girl or boy!!

Mrs. Pierce said...

the pics look great! isn't it fun to see the progress? I didn't gain any weight at all until probably around 14-16wks, which is also right around when I started showing a bit more than a "pooch". Can't wait for more pictures!!

Faith said...

Great report -- glad everything's going well!

Jenni said...

Hello there. I am such a bad commenter but I am an avid reader of yours. I am so happy for you. I wanted to let you know that I gave you an award and you can stop by my blog to pick it up. Take care hon.

Nadine said...

Great to read that the baby is doing so good! Can't wait to see a baby bump :)

Princesses in Muddy Puddles said...

Your baby is gorgeous!!!