Had our nurse's orientation last Friday. Which, plainly put, sucked. Basically, if I asked a question, the response was "It's in the book, read the book." I hate that. Also had a ridiculous experience in the waiting room w/ a chick on the office phone for 30m calling everyone & their mother to tell them she's having her baby & needs a ride (hmm, the office is AT the hospital, but she needed a ride HOME to get stuff, cuz God forbid, she wasn't going to sit at the hospital). Ugh.
But, that afternoon, we "accidentally" met up with the most wonderful doula. And, she's hired. We're very excited about it. It's fun trying to explain to my g'mothers what a doula is, but we're very happy & relieved to be hiring her. And it's much cheaper than I thought it would be!
After speaking to our doula, I got more information about different practices in our area. Ours is pretty conservative, which can be good, but they pretty much monitor 50/60 minutes during labor, you don't have a choice in bir.thing pos.itions, & I wouldn't be able to labor in the jacuzzi tubs (which, yes, are completely sanitized between patients... I checked!), & they have a higher rate of C-sections. As much as we can, I want to be able to choose how to labor & bi.rth. Yes, I realize it may not work out how we like, but I don't want to have to fit into a cookie-cutter mold "only our way". So, I will still keep the appt next Tuesday w/ the doctor (same GYN that has done my laps for endo), but I plan to ask lots of questions.
Since Monday afternoon, I've been feeling pretty miserable... guess some sort of flu bug. I was relieved to talk to a nurse & discover I could take some cold meds. I slept most of Tuesday & lots of Wednesday & am back at work today. Hoping to make it through today & not be miserable.
And it's like fr.eaking 17 degree here. In Florida. If I didn't love our home & love living near my family... I'd be so motivated to move. At least somewhere south of us where it doesn't get AS cold. I've heard lots of comments about how miserable I will be in the summer pregnant... but I'm so looking forward to it. I hate being cold. I look forward to smooshing a big belly in a cute summer dress or top. Bring it on... soon, please!
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

3 comments:
Sorry about the cold, but I'm glad you're getting better.
Yeah, what's up with the crazy weather. I live in Charleston, SC and it's freezing today! (Well, it would freeze if there were percipitation.) They actually called for snow yesterday! :-o
Good luck at your next appointment!
OOH, I wanna hear more about the doula!
We've also been having unseasonably cold weather (in South Africa it is summer) but I love it!
I'm so glad I'll be pregnant properly in winter so I can wear jackets and coats - lovely!
how are you feeling?
Post a Comment