Friday, May 25, 2012

Back Again?

So, we head back to Jax tomorrow for an IUI. We spell compromise that way... IUI. I still want to do an IVF cycle with the remaining coverage we have, but DH is still not comfortable. I think we are both still reeling from August's miscarriage & December's fail. But, when my period came on Mother's Day right before heading to church, that night my brain started whirling. I called Monday morning to see if they'd be willing to do an IUI. They said yes & called my script in. I was thinking they may not stim me on cl.omid as I have been diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve & required LOTS more stims than most people. I was on 100 of Clo.mid on day 3- day 7. I went for the CD12 u/s on Thursday. Guess what?! They measured 11 follicles?! I mean, granted, they are not all the same size or even close to be mature... but I was nervous! I didn't even make half that many follicles with our first IVF. So, yesterday, the nurse called & said to check with OPKs. I tested twice yesterday and once this morning, then was told to take the trigger shot (only 3300, though) this morning. We are scheduled for an IUI in the morning. I know our chances are fairly low, but I can't help but be hopeful. My doctor won't be on call tomorrow, but I do plan to ask plenty of questions anyways. In other news, I have continued to eat better & exercise. In fact, I'm in between my pre-IF treatment weight & my pre-pregnancy weight. Only took 2.5 years, but I'm still happy to be back here. My little guy is still amazing. He is so sweet & witty & charming. Looking forward to spending the summer with him! :)

1 comment:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Good luck with the IUI! I'm hoping it'll work for you.
xoxo