Doesn't put a Christmas tree up anymore?
I know that's kind of random, but I'm usually gung-ho about decorating for Christmas. But last year... I wasn't.
It just made me think of WHY I would decorate? We had no children to take cute pictures of with the tree or stockings? And it would just be a constant reminder that were no children in our house. At least for me.
Hubby didn't mind since he didn't really care. I told most other people it was just cuz we were both so busy (which we are... we both work full time & attend school part time) & didn't want to spend the time putting & taking down stuff.
Just hit me today, that I probably won't even be up to it. I've already asked for the week of Christmas off since that will be the week following the transfer, hopefully. If everything goes well with the cycle starting in December.
We are still continuing our MAPP (foster licensing intro class) & actually enjoying it. Got our 1st big stack of paperwork to complete. Did a page or two of it.
I also realized something in the bathroom yesterday... weird, but if I need a break from work or calls or an emotional moment... I go & sit in the bathroom. I can't be the only one, I know! When we 1st started this TTC business, I could never imagine myself pregnant. Like I could never imagine myself at my own wedding. Just a mental thing. But, yesterday, I could. I don't know if this will make it harder or easier if we can't get pregnant or if this will just push me harder to continue treatment instead of adoption.
Our final yard sale will be in 2 weeks. Already for $157 towards it. Should still make $400-$500 at the sale if all the furniture sells. Will help us better plan for IVF in December & whether or not we will have to dip into our emergency fund (which we do NOT want to do) to cover the IVF cycle. We have been blessed to be able to focus on savings & a bit of fundraising to not have to go into debt for this IVF#1.
One more note... My grandmother has been so sweet. We have become exponentially closer since I opened up to her about infertility. She is such a prayer warrior & get this... (makes me tear up JUST thinking about it), last December she told that she has a box set up for our baby. And every time she gets a $5 or $10 or $20 bill, she puts it in that box. She's already saved up $500 for our IVF cycle. She wants this baby as badly as we do & it just makes me feel so special thinking about that.
Grateful Fest 2026
1 week ago

5 comments:
I spend so much time in the bathroom at my job! LOL I take all my personal calls in there... HAHA
Good Luck with your fundraising. too bad the whole ad thing didn't work....
My grandparents were so helpful in our quest for parenthood, too. Something special about having that generational support.
Thanks for entering the All Thumbs giveaway for the Melting Pot Give Pack. We'll announce the winner tomorrow, so check back. We hope you continue to be a regular reader, Rachie.
Oh my goodness the story about your grandma is so sweet! We have been really open with all of our family about the infertility and it has made everything so much easier. I just don't know if we could take all the stress on our own!
It is also amazing you won't be going into any debt with the IVF! I wish we could say the same. I will be thinking of you all and hoping for the best outcome when December rolls around! (or maybe sooner...you never know!)
What a sweet, sweet spirit your grandmother must have! Such a gift!
I could never imagine myself pregnant, now that I am pregnant I can't imagine myself actually having a baby and being a mother, so strange isn't it? Sounds like you have a great family and support system. I'm so glad that you decided to do the fund raising. When we started fund raising it really opened our eyes to just how amazing our family & friends can be. Good luck and keep us updated!
Post a Comment