Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Poo-Poo-Polyp

So, went for the mock transfer yesterday & the doctor "discovered" a polyp. Thankfully, so far it doesn't seem to interfere with our schedule. I will have a hysteroscopy next Tuesday, stop BCPs next Friday, then have my IVF start date the next Tuesday. So, two weeks from now. It appears we may be able to schedule an appointment or two here locally for monitoring, but I will still be heading to our clinic (approx 3 hrs away) most of the time.

I read up a bit on my phone about polyps... apparently they can also be a cause of infertility. Which means the last year we really didn't have a chance of getting pregnant anyhow.

I will admit... I am pretty upset. We do have IVF coverage, but it appears to be only enough for one cycle. Which, I am completely grateful. Knowing this in advance gives us some time to plan on another cycle if need be & saving up for it. At yesterday's appt, there were only 6 antral follicles. Ouch. Maybe we can still get 2 or 3 eggs from this cycle.

Anyone else been through this? A bit of advice would be awesome. If not, that's cool, too. Plan is still on, but I am just trying to take it day-by-day. Should hear from the insurance company's specialty pharmacy soon about making a payment & having it sent. Our protocol will be 4 bravelle and 2 menopur starting day 1. Starting off hard & fast right from the get-go. And apparently, Lupron is outta production, but we were planning on Antagon anyhow. Less shots is nice, too! ;)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Good luck with everything! So sorry to hear about the polyp :( I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Did they mention why the lupron was out of production? I got a bottle just the other day from Freedom Pharm. Just curious