Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Been A While

It has been a while... not sure I have anyone that even keeps up, but I am definitely checking in on many other IF blogs out there. I thought I'd update since my first time around the fertility clinic.

And, guess what?

I am hoping to get back in the st.irrups again.

Seems like it is pregnancy-central-station around here. Even though I have been hoping to become pregnant since my cycle returned about a year ago, it (obviously & expectantly) hasn't happened.

I have mentioned before that our new insurance has fertility coverage. No charge once the deductible is met. So, that & enjoying our first little guy so much hasn't made me feel rushed to hop back in.

I guess I feel like we're reading. DH has already mentioned adoption several times & he's also open to cycling. I scheduled the initial/physician consult today. It's going to be in just over two weeks from now.

I'm excited, nervous, & worried already that it won't work. Yikes.

I am guessing the earliest we could cycle would be April/May if I walk away with a BCP prescription. I have been looking through past blog posts & my old yearly calender to determine how the sequence went last time. The initial appointment will be with a different FS at the practice. I would like to go with the same as first time around, but he no longer travels to my town & I just don't feel like going to Jax already. I know we will be over there many times in the next couple of months, so I'd like to do as much as possible here in my area.

The clinic, too, has lowered much of their prices. Even with our coverage, this seems like a huge blessing. ICSI cost is almost half of what it was when we cycled. They even offer a mini-stim cycle... sounds like our first go-around... not intended to be a mini-stim, though! :) If you can recall, I produced only 4 eggs with 1 being immature & unable to be fertilized.

So, anyone else out there gone through the same clinic for your second cycle? I guess I am considered almost like a brand-new patient. How did it work out for you? Did they follow the same protocol for your next cycle? Did it take a long time to actively cycle or did they letcha hop right in?

Any advice or answers you can offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, since last update, E has turned ONE... almost ONE.HALF now! I am working full time at the local hospitals in the labor & delivery unit (ironic, right?) nights & we purchased a new home. Lots of changes, but good changes. I hope the appointment scheduling does not interfere with my work schedule, but hopefully it won't be an issue. My bosses seem very open, so I plan to just talk to them once I get through this initial consult.

Have a wonderful evening!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Welcome back!! I am glad to hear all is well!

Mrs. Pierce said...

i still follow you! nice to hear your updates. good luck with your second cycle! and i worked nights during my ivf, and it ended up working out great with appointments. i could get them in the morning and just go when i got off work without ever having to take days off.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Hey!! So I just was wondering what was happening with my past bloggie sisters and clicked on your blog. How funny that you should ask about going through IVF#2... we are in the PUPO part of waiting. My blood test is this Friday.

I found this cycle to be "easy" compared to the last. I went in for initial apt in Dec, testing in Jan, and we started the cycle in Feb/Mar. We felt like it went pretty quick. It was easier this time, for one, I didn't get OHSS this time and two, because I'm already getting up to go to work early, and drive separately from DH it didn't seem "that" different in our schedule. Since we had a similar protocol to last time, it was relatively simple.

I've made my blog private now, but if you want to email me re questions you can at ifnitysmith at gmail dot com.

I'm so excited to hear about the lowered prices, etc. Good luck!!

BIG HUG

Nity