Nick's birthday & my birthday are very close together. So, we usually celebrate w/ a dinner or date out. Weeks ago, Nick emailed me an invitation for that date. It was supposed to be Friday night.
I say SUPPOSED because it was all a hoax. For a surprise baby shower. Nick & the girls worked it out perfectly... Saturday while working on the baby room, I kept remembering all of these little things that I could have picked up on or what-not, but it was so sweet.
First, onto how big Elias is getting!! He's 2.25lbs (WHOA!) & 14.8inches long! His weight compares to the weight of a chinese cabbage...

Thoughts/Happenings...
** Well, the baby shower of course! I feel silly for being so surprised, but they did a wonderful job of orchestrating it! I was in class w/ these girls literally every day in the past week & no one dropped a hint or anything! I don't have pictures from the night yet, but did snap some pictures of some of the gifts. They were so special to me!! I cried when I realized what they were doing (the surprise shower) & even more after I got home from the shower. It takes me back to never knowing if we'd ever have an opportunity to have a child... we are so blessed to be pregnant & doubly blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives.
Here's a cute puppy-dog sleeper w/ a frog romper (I think that's what they are officially called?)
Here's a gorgeous handmade crocheted blanket in some of my favorite colors!
From the hostesses (hmm, plural for hostess?), Elias' baby book!
Along with a hooded towel, coordinating bibs, & a gift card that I used to buy this play quilt & crib skirt!
A shirt (it says I love danger!), onesie, elephant toy...
And these wonderful monogrammed receiving blankets! I love seeing his name on them!
From another nursing friend, three of the sweetest, bestest books!
And the extra carseat base, so that Nick & I can have bases in each car to switch the carseat in & out of! :) (PS: this was from the friend that also works in the neurological ICU & definitely has safety in mind!!)
The next couple of pictures are the gifts from Mom... some shorts, shirts, & the cutest toof-brush!
The toothbrush holder + ribbiting soap dispenser...
And the matching rug for Elias' bathroom!
** Head back to the doctor's in a week! We'll be visiting each two weeks from now on until mid-August. We have lots of questions to ask about labor & delivery...
** We cleared out the baby room on Saturday! There's still transitional items in the living room, but as soon as the crib is assembled & then the rocker is moved into the room... we'll be able to move the other stuff in as well. It's hard to know if something will look or feel right until it's in there, but we don't want to have to move everything out of the dresser or shelf if we need to rearrange stuff! I pulled all the packing stuff out of the crib box, so hopefully Nick can get the crib put together by the end of the week! You know there will be pictures!
Here's a quick shot of how the living room looked @ one point! Remember, we switched the bed from room to room & cleared out space to assemble to crin IN the baby room!
A peek into the baby room & the beautiful antique dresser for his room. There are drawers that slide into this opening & I still need to clean & polish it more. But, exciting none-the-less!
** This weekend, we ran into the sweet friend who has offered to paint Elias' room! She's amazing & we have yet to decide what we'd like painted, but it's exciting to have ideas! Hopefully we can figure out something in the next couple of weeks!
** We got a couple of bags of clothes to go through for Elias' wardrobe. I haven't tackled this project yet, but hope to this weekend in between studying & school projects due next week. (Only 8 more days until this current summer semester is over!)
Cravings/Symptoms...
** Started getting these back aches in the morning. I can sleep just fine, but when I wake up it's painful moving around. I think I figured out the sleeping position that helps, so I am going to be trying that from now on to see if it helps w/ the lower back aches!
** Same food cravings! :)

3 comments:
The surprise baby shower sounds so sweet. I would be overwhelmed by everyone's love to find that they had planned something like that for me. I have my shower planned for 2 weeks from now and I'm doing a lot of the planning myself with my mom (because we're crafty like that), but when I think about everybody being there to celebrate this miracle with me, I get overwhelmed with emotions. I think opening all of those presents and being there is going to make things a lot more official feeling. Plus, I can't wait to feel like we have a million things checked off of our to-do list.
Glad things are going well for you!
What a lovely surprise! I can't wait to see pics of your completed nursery :)
How fun!
I don't do surprises so I know about both mine - I told them I don't wnt to go into premature labour because of surprises :)
Now, I love all your gifts but really LOVE that crib bumper - those colours are gorgeous.
I'm off to MY 28-week appt now - can't wait to see how the babes have grown
Post a Comment