Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Baby Update: 27wks

Elias is now 14.5 inches long from head to toe. It may not sound very big, but here's snapshot of 14.5inches w/ my belly...


He also weighs approximately 2.0 lbs or the size of a head of cauliflower!


Weird, huh!? And, since we recently had an infant/pregnancy loss bereavement lecture which was pretty upseting (thankfully, Elias was moving literally the WHOLE time... an answer to prayer...), he has a 90% chance of survival outside of the womb if something were to happen this week. Please don't think me morbid, but thankful. I actually met a girl this weekend in the post-partum floor that was 1 day ahead of me & had her little girl a week ago. It's a miracle both her AND the baby made it alive. Mmm, we are so very blessed.

Thoughts/Happenings...
** We got Elias some great Little Tykes outdoor pieces from a friend's yard sale. They will need to be cleaned, but we got a great deal on them!


** We had another doctor's appointment yesterday @ the 27wk mark. We had a different doctor, but she was nice enough. I am measuring at 28cm, have gained 22lbs so far this pregnancy, & Little One's heartbeat was "between 145-150". Didn't get an exact number, but oh, well. We are now heading to the doctor every 2wks! Crazy, huh!?

** Nick went to our first birthing class Monday. Again, I will miss two of the classes, but he is recording them for me & I have listened to a good part of Monday night's class. We also have various things to practice for this class, which is kinda funny. I'm sure it'll help some, but I'm very glad we've already locked in our doula for the labor & delivery! :)

** I think we will work in the baby room some this weekend. I actually have three weekends w/out clinicals!! So, we're hoping to move the twin bed out of the baby room & into the office; at least review the crib (still in box) to make sure it's not scratched or bummed up or something; move little clothes from the original dresser to the beautiful antique dresser we will be using now; maybe something more? Although, this sure sounds like more than enough to keep us busy this Saturday!

Cravings/Symptoms...
** Just love watching my stomach... we can now SEE him wiggling from the outside. It's so cool. I'm hoping to catch it on video to save for later on. I still can't get over how blessed we are. One year ago, it was rough. Personally, relationally, hormonally, emotionally, financially, spiritually... it is amazing the difference a year will make & this miracle has so much to do with these changes.

** Same ole, same ole! Milk, ice cream, steak. Still chips, too! ;)

3 comments:

Mrs. Pierce said...

i'm so happy for you! it is a very exciting time, and your belly will only move more in the weeks to come. video is a good idea--i may steal it and do that with mine while i have a couple weeks left!

be sure to put pics of the nursery up when you start working on it! i really wish i had done some before and after pics, but too late for that now. it is just about complete, just need a dresser.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

22 pounds? Impossible. You've seen my pics??? I've only put on 18.5

We start our ante natal classes on 22nd - I can't wait because I feel like I know nothing. Oh wait, that's because I don't.

Dr Aniruddha Malpani said...

I am a doctor and am very interesting in e-learning to try to help infertile couples learn more about their treatment options.

I'd like to ask you for a favour.

We have published a free e-learning course to help infertile couples to learn about IVF at http://www.ivfindia.com/IVF/IVF.htm.

Can you please critique this for me ?

Thanks !

Dr Aniruddha Malpani, MD
Malpani Infertility Clinic, Jamuna Sagar, SBS Road, Colaba
Bombay 400 005. India
Tel: 91-22-22151065, 22151066, 2218 3270
FAX ( India) 91-22-22150223.
Helping couples build families !

PS Read our book, How to Have a Baby - A Guide for the Infertile Couple,
online at www.DrMalpani.com !

Read my blog about improving the doctor-patient
relationship at http://doctorandpatient.blogspot.com/