Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ugh, Freaking Ugh.

Just finished round #4 of my Osmo-Prep. Those pills are ridiculous. Allow me to complain a bit.

I'm exhausted from clinicals & waiting up so early. This morning began with an 18-weeker born. Poor little boy & poor Momma. The parents had tried for 3 years to conceive and their 1st pregnancy ended this way. It was heartbreaking. Broke me down. I was mortified to continue crying in front of my new instructor.

Then, my clear liquid diet was making me weak & jittery. Add to that the antibiotics I had to take & I was so weak & crampy by the time I got home. A one hour nap, then starting the bowel prep. I'm anxious about how the rest of the evening will "play out".

Then surgery scheduled for 3pm tomorrow. I am to report to the hospital at 1pm. So, I'm also worried about not eating or drinking anything until probably after 5pm.

Just hope everything goes well & the surgery is both successful & safe.

One encouraging case of note was a woman carrying trips from her first IVF. I saw her in the ACU. She'd been on bedrest since 24wks, but in the hospital since 32wks. She was 35wks5days yesterday. She had the babies last night. A boy at 6+ pounds and the 2 girls were right under 5 pounds. Amazing. She was so sweet to talk to me yesteday & really encouraged me to try the IVF.

Anywho... hope all is well. I'm heading to update on all of the bloggies!

4 comments:

Josée Martens said...

I don't know how you do what you do. Good luck in surgery tomorrow. Sleep well and recovery quickly.

Mara said...

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I hope you have a quick recovery.

JJ said...

Best of luck with the surgery!

Nadine said...

Good luck tomorrow!